- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Associate -Portfolio Management - fixed income asset management
Job Location:London – Canary Wharf
An unrivalled opportunity for a professional looking to accelerate their career in fixed income asset management. Here at MetLife we would love to speak with professionals with Asset side experience, but we’d also be able to take your experience ofLife, be it Risk - liability modelling to life insurance or Actuarial – for life insurance business, and develop your career in Asset Management.
MetLife is a global organisation, and as such we can offer you further career development. Working with us will open you up to a big balance sheet and plenty of cross team collaboration with experts across the board. Now is the time for you to maximise your background gained in any of the above.
London based MetLife Investments Limited is responsible for MetLife’s investment activities in EMEA, covering a wide range of asset classes as well as portfolio management for EMEA-based businesses. The London-based Portfolio Management Unit, together with sub-regional portfolio managers in Athens and Lebanon, develops portfolio and asset-liability management strategies to support EMEA businesses. The portfolio management team is responsible for identifying investment strategies, delivering risk adjusted returns and aligning to business objectives. Our role includes setting asset allocation and ALM parameters and partnering with senior management across multiple lines of business to align to business requirements and Enterprise objectives. Our aim is to seek market opportunities and design ALM strategies, optimizing asset allocation and devising portfolio hedging strategies for managed portfolios. The team will be exploring leveraging internal expertise and offer advisory and ALM solutions to external insurance clients within the Solvency II framework.
- The successful candidate will be part of a team of portfolio managers responsible for the creation of a range of alternative portfolios optimized under capital restrictions and/or return requirements.
- Support team members in coordination, preparation, and generation of materials related to portfolio management oversight and evaluation. Confirm and verify data and information. This involves thorough and in-depth reviews of portfolio information to ensure data is presented accurately and consistently to internal and external parties.
- Process and compile data, provide accurate reporting for internal monitoring purposes
- Utilise investment related software to aid in the evaluation of managers and in the formulation of recommendations
- Work closely with a senior director within the Portfolio Management EMEA on multiple investment and hedging strategies for managed portfolios.
- Perform analysis of liability profiles in order to optimize portfolio positioning to the unique constraints of individual portfolio needs
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc presentations, reports and analytics, leveraging the Investments Aladdin system, other BR tools and excel spreadsheet
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong academic background – Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2:1 from a leading university
- A quantitative background in risk or actuary
- Strong Solvency II and technical skills
- Strong Excel (preferable experience with VBA), PowerPoint and Power BI skills.
- Organised, detail-oriented and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively with others across multiple departments, teams and levels
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.