- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Associate Director - Treasury AdvisoryJob Description Summary:
An Associate Director must manage all aspects of transactions for the client and the firm, be active in winning new client work, negotiating and closing sales opportunities and managing client relationships.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Reporting directly to the Head of Treasury Advisory, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Advising clients, in both transactional and steady-state environments, on all aspects of corporate treasury including: liquidity management, debt compliance, operational banking, FX risk management, treasury systems selection and organizational change;
- Overseeing teams of junior (manager and below) Grant Thornton staff and/or Interim Panel teams for medium-sized and large treasury advisory projects and/or to delivering smaller projects directly;
- Directly managing all aspects of client projects, including scoping, pricing, oversight, report writing, quality control and general administration, together with making presentations to senior decision-makers at both Corporate clients and Private Equity Sponsors;
- Developing new and existing client relationships at 3rd party organizations and being a trusted partner supporting the development of Grant Thornton's Treasury Advisory business; and
- Actively developing internal relationships within the Grant Thornton network at the London, UK regional and international levels, enabling Treasury Advisory to further embed itself as a core offering for the Firm.
- The candidate will have 5+ years of direct experience with one of either:
- Large, sophisticated corporate treasury function, including both management and direct operational work; and/or
- Tier one consultancy or bank providing corporate treasury advisory services to clients.Experience of operating in a leveraged, distressed and/or Private Equity environment would be a distinct advantage, as would a working knowledge of accounting, banking and taxation issues as they relate to treasury management.
Skills & Education
- Numerate 1st degree in a relevant discipline such as economics, business or finance together with, ideally, a post-graduate qualification in accountancy, treasury management (ACT/MCT) or MBA;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft products, particularly Excel and Power point; and
- Well-developed presentational, analytical, problem-solving and relationship-building skills.Fluency in a major European language, in addition to English, would be an advantage.