- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The RMS Product Development group is seeking a talented and motivated individual to enhance and extend our current and next generation Research Management product offering. This position will interact on a regular basis with Sales, Consulting, Engineering and QA to design, test and implement fixes and new product features. A key requirement is a thorough understanding of the sell-side research workflow, with an awareness of the challenges faced by our key users on daily basis and how our offering can address them. He/she should be an effective communicator, organizer and coordinator.The ideal candidate will possess strong product management and project management skills and help to develop a vision for the future of the product. He/she will quickly develop partnerships with existing team members, learn the product, and understand out client workflows. This role will have a particular focus on research production, workflow and data warehousing aspects, which all deliver core benefits to the clients as well as strengthen our application quality throughout.
Department and Team Description
FactSet Research Management Solutions (RMS) Partners is a solution of configurable products which standardize, automate and streamline the process of writing and distributing research reports, increasing financial analyst productivity and decreasing time-to-market. The product is fully integrated into our clients’ internal processes and allows for control of the end-to-end research production workflow. With over 60 clients and ASV of over $11 million, the Partners team is looking for an additional product manager to join the team in London.
The wider RMS Partners team currently consists of global engineering, QA, sales, and consulting teams, as well as product managers. The person filling this new Associate Product Manager role will have the opportunity to work with members of all these teams, as well as directly with clients, to identify areas for improvement and execute a vision for product success in the short- and long-term.
This position is suitable for candidates with strong interpersonal skills, a thirst for knowledge and the capacity to implement strategic improvements that will continue to grow the RMS product suite at an accelerated rate.
Contribution to Product Solutions and Department Goals
Responsibility of product solutions in RMS Partners with focus in the areas of:
- Research document creation, manipulation, meta data and workflows
- Financial data warehousing and data connections including feeds, APIs and vendor contributions
- Drive new product solutions and enhance existing functionality over the entire development life cycle.
- Develop requirements in close corporations with our global client base, account teams and engineering.
- Execute projects in an Agile development environment using JIRA and ensure time-to-market goals.
- Engage pro-actively with clients to promote and discuss feedback on product solutions.
- Contribute to overarching team projects and department goals.
Ensuring high standards on product quality for all assigned applications/projects
- Work closely with engineering and QA specialists to achieve outstanding user experience and stability.
- Create acceptance criteria for development projects and follow through with own testing of pre- and final builds to ensure implementations work as specified and desired.
- Collaborate closely with QA specialists for final testing and provide guidance for testing automation.
- Participate in team efforts for major regression and performance testing.
- 2+ years of experience with sell-side workflow products and/or accounts
- Basic understanding of sell-side research production/contribution/distribution with willingness to develop a deep understanding of our client business and application functionality.
- Profound knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Technology affine with basic understanding of VBA, PowerShell, SQL, HTML or willingness to learn.
- Financial markets and theory Our software facilitates the research, management and reporting of financial instruments
- Agile/waterfall development Best practices for software development
- Requirements writing Define development work for engineering and other internal stakeholders
- FactSet request code writing Customize groupings and columns used in client reporting