- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At CMS a future facing Law firm, our growing Real Estate team across Sheffield and Manchester have a number of opportunities for technically astute lawyers who are eager to develop their careers. In return we can offer broad ranging client exposure within a truly supportive and diverse workplace.
About the role
Working as part of the leading Real Estate practice group which spans over multiple offices you will experience a wide range of Real Estate transactions, advising investors, developers and occupiers, as well as property related joint ventures, limited partnerships and unit trusts for both investment and development projects. Our client-focussed approach means you would be working with a number of different colleagues, gaining exposure to a wide variety of transactions, rather than specialising in a particular aspect of real estate.
You will regularly deal with £multi-million transactions and act for some of the largest property owners and developers in the country. You will advise on all aspects of real estate business including major retail, industrial, mixed use and office developments, property financing commercial landlord and tenant matters and, portfolio acquisitions and disposals.
- Have gained excellent relevant experience from a recognised real estate department of a major or medium sized firm.
- Ideally have experience in the region of 0-6 PQE.
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in, and enthusiasm for, the commercial property industry.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have relevant experience in dealing with transactions structured through corporate and offshore vehicles will be an advantage but is not essential.
- Have a strong academic background.
- Have the ambition to succeed and commitment to business development and client relationship management.
- Be commercially orientated with good business acumen and a commitment to innovation.
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Be well-organised with strong administration and time management skills and the ability and drive to meet demanding deadlines.
CMS are delighted to be named Law Firm of the Year at the 2018 British Legal Awards.
CMS is an international law firm with leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond. We create sustainable and rewarding futures for our clients, our people and our communities.
Ranked as the world’s 5th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in over 40 countries from 70+ offices worldwide.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
- real estate