- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
AVP - Legal Risk| Governance & Control - 90224916
Posting Range:12 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Legal Risk Governance and Control
This role will be focused on supporting delivery of multiple global firm-wide requirements relating to Legal Risk as a Principal Risk and risks applicable to the Legal Function. Supporting delivery of multiple global firm-wide requirements in respect of reporting and financial impacts relating to contentious matters managed by Legal, including public disclosures. Applications for this role are encouraged from candidates who have qualified through CILEX.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting delivery of multiple global firm-wide requirements relating to Legal Risk as a Principal Risk and risks applicable to the Legal Function, including any of the following but not limited to:
• Supporting delivery of multiple global firm-wide requirements in respect of reporting and financial impacts relating to contentious matters managed by Legal,
• Work independently and with other colleagues as appropriate across multiple activities, ensuring effective strategic timely delivery and execution with quality output
• Understand the application of legal privilege and keep up to date with any changes to policies or processes within the Risk and Control environment, attending training as appropriate.
• Support the priorities of the LRGC team and actively contribute to the team’s strategic objectives
• Encourage and facilitate collaboration between team members and beyond
• Strive for excellence. Assist with putting processes in place to enable improvement and innovation. Convert and manage ideas into viable solutions
What we’re looking for:
• Degree or equivalent
• Legal qualification
• Quick learner with good attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience working in-house in a Legal Function
• Experience working within financial services industry
• Litigation experience
• Risk and control management experience
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.