- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
AVP Supplier Manager - 90228145
Posting Range:22 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Supplier Manager
Location Radbroke, Northampton or Manchester
We have an exciting opportunity for Supplier Manager to join the team. The Group ExCo have been working to create firm-wide global capabilities to enable us to deliver a seamless experience for our customers at all touch. There is a clear opportunity for increased consistency, consolidation and a more customer-centric approach in our branches, SkyBranches and Global Contact Centres; in particular those Contact Centres related to UK Community and Premier Banking, Mortgages, Cards in the UK, USA and Germany.
What will you be doing?
• The Barclays Procurement Function is responsible for all aspects of working with supplier resources, from selection all the way to payment and termination of relationships. Supplier Management works post implementation of contracts with all suppliers and internal stakeholders across the bank to deliver innovative solutions for Barclays, balancing costs against service levels and risks, enabling Barclays to achieve its ambition of becoming the bank of choice.
• To provide effective management of Supplier relationships on behalf of Barclays, this includes:
• Applying all elements of Sourcing and Supplier Management Policy
• Managing all associated risk and compliance activities
• Driving Post contract value
• Stakeholder Management
• Responsible for performing on-going supplier management and assurance activities across a portfolio of medium complexity suppliers to help the bank effectively manage the service performance, cost and risk in its supply chain
• Responsible for ensuring the relationship is optimally managed and supplier management activities are performed in line with all relevant BU / Group policies and standards
What we’re looking for:
• Previous experience in Supplier Management and fluency at explaining it to any audience at any moment
• Strong track record of delivering post contract value from suppliers
• Track record in improving Supplier Management in a services related organisation
• Expert in a variety of spend areas where dependence on effective Supplier Management are strongest
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ideally Degree educated with the ability to optimise value in supplier relationships
• Able to effectively apply conceptual thinking into real operational
• Demonstrates clear understanding of the ‘big’ picture
Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre and one of the largest centres for information security in the UK. It’s the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.