- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Want to Join Leaf and Cane as its Bar Manager!
Newly Opened Bar – Bar Manager for Leaf and Cane
Benefits of working as Bar Manager:
- Salary up to £35,000 (Plus Generous Service)
- 40 Hour Contract (Full Time)
- Guaranteed Sundays Off
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days
- Fitness Club Membership
- Excellent employee recognition programmes
- Discounted international room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Refer a friend bonus
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Meals whilst on duty
- Dry Cleaning of Uniform
- Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
Imagine a basement bar in down town Havana, sealed shut & mothballed when thelarger than life, extroverted owner fled the impending revolution. Its decadent interior lost to dust and the external subterranean rum cellars left for the tropical foliage to over grow.
Now reopened, its art deco Batista era elegance although faded, has been re-discovered and renewed. It vibrates once more with the rhythm of Latin America, though it embraces its new British owners influence. Look no Further you’ve found us at Leaf and Cane.
At the heart of our Bars are of course of people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our vision to life. We are now seeking a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of Leaf and Cane, why not lead our Bartenders to Greatness as our Bar Manager.
Our Bar Managers Role:
Our Latin American Basement bar is legendary; as a Bar Manager, you will lead and develop an exceptional bar team that will provide an extensive drinks service.
Your exceptional knowledge of the latest trends in the London bar scene will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate bar experience in City of London, that is anything but Exceptional!
You will, of course, be passionate about leading service, with an exceptional working knowledge of bar operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality wines, Rum and other spirits in order to guide and make recommendations to guests based on their preferences.
Our bar team will also create and mix a range of signature cocktails in addition to mixing and blending of all the classics you’ll add a touch of personality and theatre to their experience.
Finally, and most importantly, you will be an exceptional host, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit Leaf and Cane and our energetic and vibrant city location; so, you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Bar Manager at Leaf and Cane:
‘Leaf and Cane People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
Prior experience as a Bar Manager/ General Manager is essential to join the Leaf and Cane Team, with expert knowledge of Wines and Rum, being a huge bonus, you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds.
- Ideally, our candidate will have been a General Manager of an upscale bar in London that specialises in delivering an experience - whether that be through drinks service, entertainment or education (masterclasses).
- The ideal candidate will be an expert in cocktails, rum and cigars - We would expect you to have strong knowledge as a minimum. A good understanding of Latin American music and/or the London music scene would be preferential.
- Be a confident mixologist with a proven knowledge of spirits, well versed in both classic and contemporary cocktails with a good understanding of the latest trends in the London bar scene.
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as our bars will operate late night licence. Shifts can finish as late as 3:30am.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Bar Manager,then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.