- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
A large multinational global player requires a Basel 3 Regulatory SME in Wholesale Banking to join their client team in London.
The role will provide an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to apply their experience and enhance their skills working with a progressive organisation using the challenges offered to them.
* This role forms part of the Regulatory Strategy and Liaison team of our client. The jobholder is expected to lead on analyzing the impacts of the new Basel 3 Wholesale Credit and IRB repair requirements on the relevant risk functions within the bank and liaise with other internal functions to communicate the impact.
* The individual will be responsible for transposing the regulatory guidance (from EBA, ECB, PRA, CRR 2, Basel II, III) into the model development standards, data standards and monitoring standards.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Work together with business, modelers, finance and regulatory policy experts from the Wholesale Credit and risk teams and stakeholders to develop model development, data and monitoring standards.
* Interact with various stakeholders across Global and regional Credit Functions (Wholesale Credit), Global CMB, Global Banking and Markets, Group Regulatory Policy, Group Model Development teams, and Regulatory Reporting teams, Group audit and regulatory bodies.
* Provide challenge and feedback to global risk teams relating to policy, standards and documentation.
* Coordinate with various stakeholders to ensure consistent and accurate regulatory submissions.
Educated to university degree level or equivalent (preferably in quantitative/statistics field). Desirable of the candidate to hold a relevant professional qualification (such as FRM).
Key Experience Requirements
* Experience in transposing credit regulations(EBA, PRA, ECB, CRR, Basel II, III) into model development/ data/ monitoring standards is highly desirable.
* Solid experience in working with credit risk models, PD, LGD, EAD for retail and non-retail portfolios. Direct model development experience will be most preferred.
* Solid knowledge of the regulatory landscape (EBA, ECB, PRA, CRR, Basel II, III) particularly relating to IRB credit risk models.
* Experience in general or wholesale banking including Commercial Banking, Global Banking & Markets or Wholesale Credit.
* Relevant working experience in a bank, rating agency, consultancy or advisory firm would be considered.
* Ability to lead, manage and successfully deliver within the agreed time scale, in liaison with all relevant stakeholders: model owners, business, finance, senior management and regulator.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Solid understanding of statistics and concepts of the risk modelling process.
* Manages self to deliver own work within timelines.
* Flexibility to work with colleagues and key stakeholders in an international team.
* Influencing skills are required as many resources will not report to the jobholder.
* Strong client management skills. Should demonstrate very high client focus.
* Seeing the Big Picture
* Effective decision Making
* Collaborating and Partnering
Please don't apply if you don't have prior experience of working for a Tier-1 bank or a Financial Services institution
About the company