- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
BCP Strategy Manager - AVP - 90228674
Posting Range:25 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Lead Fraud Strategy Analyst - AVP
Barclaycard Corporate Payments (BCP) offers a range of commercial products and services to a variety of customers ranging from small businesses through to large corporate accounts, including providing Barclays own corporate cards. The product offering includes traditional corporate cards as well as purchase cards, prepaid cards, virtual cards and travel management cards. The business is growing fast and looking for new ways to enable customers to make business payments such as electronic funds transfers.
What will you be doing?
• Assist Senior Manager in construction of short term and long term plans with associated benefits of strategies that are to be developed to reduce fraud across the BCP portfolio.
• Evaluate, analyse and leverage a range of statistical and written information in order to recommend, review and implement decisions that will have a positive impact on the P&L for the portfolio.
• Analysis of current and historic data (e.g. authorizations, write off data) to keep our systems at the cutting edge of fraud detection.
• Regular evaluation of fraud strategies that are implemented from both an operational and financial benefit perspective. Suggest changes and improvements as necessary.
• Provide necessary support and guidance to the business for new products and services from a fraud perspective.
• Develop & support business cases for some variety fraud initiatives.
What we’re looking for:
• Proficiency in performing data analysis utilizing a standard statistical package such as SAS (preferred) or SPSS. A clear understanding of the methods underlying predictive modelling.
• Experience in the financial industry, preferably with a card issuer.
• Completion of a degree in a numerate or semi-numerate subject or significant relevant experience.
• A self-motivated team player who is able to define, structure and prioritize work for self as well as others, but who also has the flexibility and capability to change priorities when circumstances dictate.
• A proven ability to undertake complex analytical projects from inception through to completion.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prior knowledge or experience within a fraud strategy and/or analysis role.
• Prior knowledge or experience working with TSYS.
• Communication and persuasion skills with the ability to think quickly and package ideas and results in a logical, understandable and compelling way to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Clearly demonstrates a ‘can-do’ attitude which successfully overcomes barriers.
• A passion for adding value to the business through the production of empirically sounding policies and approaches.
Where will you be working?
• Northampton office, Barclaycard
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.