- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Beacon Core Platform AVP - 90230573
Posting Range:17 Apr 2019 - 2 May 2019
Job Title – Beacon Core Platform
Location - London
Digital Strategy Group (DSG) is a cross-functional team in the Markets front-office business. DSG’s mission is to define forward-looking digital strategies to defend our existing businesses, aggressively identify new revenue opportunities, and deliver digital solutions to improve productivity and enhance client experience.
The Digital Strategy Group is focused on introducing Beacon, a collaborative Python development platform for quants, traders, sales and other global market players. This exciting product will bring significant and real benefits through large scale collaboration, extreme centralisation and the introduction of Cloud. The short term will consist in going live, building the tool, and migrating existing developers onto this platform. The middle / long term will be dominated by delivering new applications and functionalities in an agile and controlled way. The role reports to the Beacon Product Owner.
What will you be doing?
• Partner with business users across multiple departments to gather detailed technical requirements. This will be used to build a backlog of items to be delivered by the core developers. The ability to get this business analysis done quickly in a balanced way is particularly important.
• Prototype new ideas using Python.
• Provide structure and visibility on the program evolution.
• Organise various committees (Steercos, Opcos), developing presentations and MI for stakeholder updates as needed.
• Maintain the project JIRA board to the highest Agile Development standards.
• Proactively solve problems and constantly push for a customer-centric approach whilst delivering on required business objectives.
• Work closely with business stakeholders, challenging business propositions through clear reasoning and evidence to help influence the direction of projects.
• Communicate effectively with design and development teams, business analysts, solutions architects, product owners, etc.
• Handle product communications through demos/ regular reporting / marketing exercises.
What we’re looking for:
• Analytical and structured mindset able to design, implement and articulate complex solutions for complex problems
• Proven experience in a technology change role (Eg. CTB, Agile Team Lead, RAD developer…).
• Good experience with Python, sufficient for prototyping common use cases, with ability and willingness to become an expert
• Good communication with a particular ability to tailor discussion according to audience ranging from technical low-level product feature in an OpCo to senior stakeholder in steering committee.
• Excellent written presentational skills (power point, newsletters…)
• Good understanding of financial products / Markets
• Passionate and client minded.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Masters level in an analytical discipline
• Familiarity with software development and release process.
• Agile Dev techniques (Scrum and/or Kanban, JIRA boards)
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by Tube, Docklands Light Railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.