- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MANCHESTER LANCASHIRE
Newlyn is currently looking for a Bid Writer to join their team, you will be home based with travel throughout the country, and will be expected to be in the Northampton or Northwood Hills office one day a week. You will join us on a full time, permanentbasis and in return will receive a competitive salary depending on experience. We are going through a period of transformation and this is a great time to join the Newlyn family.
Who are Newlyn PLC
Established since 1999 we are now one of the top 5 Enforcement Companies in the UK and are the top performer in almost every Borough we service.
We believe in cultivating positive relationships, with our clients, our customers and our people.
Professional, friendly service runs through everything we do and we're keen to develop our team’s passion, innovation and
We want 'To be the best at what we do today, tomorrow and in the future for our staff, clients and community'
What you’ll be doing as our Bid Writer …
You will be a member of our bid team working to ensure that our bids and proposals surpass the competition and secure valuable contracts, primarily with local authorities. Producing bids that successfully communicate the most compelling arguments requires an analytical approach to problem solving, a passion for winning and outstanding written communication. You will analyse client requests, research competitor’s solutions, develop winning strategies and write exceptional proposals.
- Developing, preparing and coordinating submissions of Selection Questionnaires, (SQs), Invitation to Tender (ITTs), Proposals and Market Engagement Exercises within defined deadlines
- Participating in storyboard sessions with team members and key stakeholders
- Guiding employees through the bid production process, gathering information and data to include within relevant submissions
- Contributing to the production of high-quality bids and proposals, by writing, researching, editing, proofreading, critiquing, mock scoring and similar direct contributions. You will be generating a variety of associated bid deliverables
- Continuously improving our operational processes and procedures to enhance the quality and value for money of assignment delivery to clients
- Contributing to the diversification of the business in developing market understanding in new sectors and supporting the development of new bid services products
- Actively promoting Newlyn’s offering to new and existing clients
Our Bid Writer will have the below skills and experience…
- Proven confidence and resilience to deal with challenges from stakeholders across the business;
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail orientated and possess strong analytical skills (needs to be proficient with Excel and data manipulation);
- Great time management and prioritisation skills with ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Exercises good judgement, knows when to flag issues and when to deal with independently
- Strong communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written and excellent presentation skills;
- Energy, enthusiasm and commitment are essential characteristics in this fast-moving environment;
- Good knowledge of structured problem-solving tools and methodologies;
- Excellent motivator, self-starting, with an enthusiastic approach;
- Strong team ethos with a result driven focus
- Thorough understanding of the lifecycle Bid Process
- Knowledge of Easy PQQ would be preferred but not essential (as full training will be given)
Certification from the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) is desirable, but not essential.
Everything we do is shaped by the six Values of Human, Accountable, Passion, People, Integrity, Innovative. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our colleagues are unique and that’s why we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health cash plan and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
If you feel you would be successful as our new Bid Writer then please show your interest by clicking ‘apply’ now…
This is an ideal role for an individual who is looking to develop their career in a high profile and exciting environment.
Newlyn are an equal opportunities employer and comply with all equal ops legislation.