- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Part Time Role: 5 days (20 hours) per week.
Monday to Friday 10:00am to 2:00pm and Saturday 9:00am to 1:00pm (minimum of one Saturday per month)
The Scottish Building Society is the oldest in the world (established in 1848). Our enduring and on-going success is founded on a robust business model, skilled staff, a reputation built on trust and confidence and exceptional customer service.
Our staff are key to our success, and in addition to our competitive pay and benefits package, we offer an excellent work life balance, a friendly, open and collaborative working environment, the ability to influence our business, and a real and on-going opportunity to learn and develop due to the breadth of our roles and focus on multi-skilling.
Attributes we value are diligence, team work, creativity, positivity, a desire to continually improve the business and oneself, and a commitment to ensuring that the customer remains at the heart of everything we do.
A Branch Assistant is required to join our Edinburgh Branch. This is a varied role which will require the individual to:
- Provide excellent customer service: efficiently and effectively actioning customer queries, requests, concerns and counter transactions.
- Process transfers, cheque requests and Faster Payments, open and close accounts and process bond maturities
- Administer new and existing mortgage accounts
- Action product switches and redemption requests
- Respond to enquiries from Agents, mortgage brokers and other business contacts
- General office duties
- Participate in project work or testing as required
- Participate in the training and mentoring of colleagues
Skills required for this role include:
- Strong communication & customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A confident, professional telephone manner
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise and multi task
- PC skills including Word and Excel
You must have experience in a role with a strong customer service and administration focus. Experience in a financial services organisation is desirable, as is experience in a similar role.
If you would like to work for a company that really cares about its staff and customers; you want to make a real impact and have a can do attitude, then we would like to hear from you.
- customer service
- ms project