- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are currently recruiting for a Bridge Engineer with experience of bridge design, inspection and assessment schemes, to join our busy and expanding experienced Chesterfield Bridges team.
The Chesterfield office has an established track record of successfully delivering bridge engineering schemes for more than 35 years for Highways England and Local Authorities. Our modern office, located the near the railway station and centre of Chesterfield, has multi-disciplinary transportation assessment and design capability in rail and highway schemes
Our current portfolio of bridge works comprises a diverse range of highway and infrastructure improvements projects. A selection of our current and recent projects includes –
- Highways England Smart Motorway Projects (SMP)
- M6 J21a to 26 and M62 J10-12.
- M4 Jn 3 to 12, M3 Jn 2 to 4A and M6 Jn 10a-13.
- Highways England Road Improvement schemes
- M42 Jn 6 improvements
- A5-M1 link dual carriageway upgrade
- Major D&B projects: Mersey Gateway JV
- CAFA rail bridge inspection and assessment. Long term commission with bridge sites located on the LNW lines.
- OPSAP inspections and assessments of on station canopies throughout the LNW route.
- Midlands Highways Alliance – this enables AECOM to provide bridge engineering services to 25 Local Authorities throughout the Midlands
As a Bridge Engineer you will have the following daily responsibilities:
- Take a developing role in the design of major civil engineering structures.
- Prepare designs under supervision.
- Assist with the programme and deliverables of your project.
- Analysis and design of road/rail bridges and other structures.
- Inspection, assessment and strengthening of road/rail bridges and other structures.
- Prepare contract documents.
- Report writing and assist in production of technical reports and documents.
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with moderate supervision.
- Experience with bridge and related structural inspection assessment and design schemes.
- Previous design and project management experience delivering to quality, time and budget.
- Experience in road and/or rail projects.
- Previous skills in current inspection, assessment and design.
- Previous exposure with clients of both national and local authorities, together with major contractors.
- Ability to manage staff and project Health and Safety responsibilities including compliance with CDM legislation.
- You will have a current clean driving license and be willing to travel throughout the UK to visit sites.
- Previous experience in finite element modelling particularly in Lusas is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of the Eurocode Standards.
- Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Bridge, Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Ideally educated to MSc level or equivalent.
- Working towards ICE or IstructE chartered accreditation
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle. You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- ms project