- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Business Analyst Glasgow up to £400 per day
Your new company
We are currently working with one of our major clients in the West of Scotland region who are looking for a number of Business Analysts to join them for an initial 6 month contract. The organisation are a historic well respected brand who are known the world over. Having recently won a number of large contracts they are looking to improve a number of key back office systems. They are a company who put IT at the forefront of their organisation and see it as a real driver for change and transformation.
Your new role
The Business Analyst is a key programme role, supporting the delivery of a new customer experience, spanning all customer types, products and sales channels. The role will ensure that the solution requirements are understood and interpreted to the programme team and vendor(s), converted to requirements and solutions, and ultimately implemented effectively through employee engagement and extensive stakeholder interaction. The role will be pivotal to the successful introduction and operation of solutions that address the needs of their customers and business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ability to contribute to pace setting within the programme team by executing tasks quickly and accurately and articulating a clear decision-making path, and business ownership of next steps
- Ability to elicit business requirements but also to challenge the need for specific requirements, based on business benefit, advantage and alignment to strategy
- Ability to document business requirements and outcome-based specifications, using a variety of notation techniques, process maps and/or use cases, user stories etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills
- Ability to interact with, and influence colleagues in specialist business teams including IT, Commercial, Finance and Service Delivery in particular
- Strong customer service ethos and a passion for delivering high quality outputs and outcomes
- Excellence in services deployed and an ability to hold others, including third parties, to similarly high standards
- Ability to interact with, and influence, senior stakeholders
- Proven ability to motivate, control and manage a matrix-managed team (i.e. where the individual may not line-manage the team, but can secure their commitment and coordinate their work) to deliver outputs
- Work closely with business stakeholders and teams to ensure that the needs of the customer are met, and the company can realise the required benefits
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and a business focus
- Ability to work under pressure and think clearly and logically in challenging situations.
- Business Analysis for complex system implementations covering multiple disciplines
- Experience of contributing to the procurement and/or implementation of travel booking, ticketing, fulfilment, finance, performance, and reporting systems
- Awareness of system architecture principles and approaches to integration of functional components of a solution to meet customer needs
- Proven ability to deliver tasks to time, budget and quality criteria
- Previous experience working in the solution procurement, implementation and business adoption phases of a major change programme or project
- Definition of workstream, documentation of requirements, associated processes, delivery of solutions and realisation of benefits in one or more business areas
- Versatility; the role requires a range of interpersonal and professional skills to deliver change in a challenging and diverse environment
- Knowledge of public procurement principles and procedures is an advantage
- Experience of working in multi-channel, transactional, customer facing systems particularly in the travel industry would be an advantage
- The role may require some travel across the organisations network, and a clean driving license is deemed an advantage.
What you'll get in return
Daily rates on offer are up to £400/day DOE and although an initial 6 month contract there is good scope for extension past this point.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- ms project