- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £40,000.00 - £48,000.00 gross per year
- MANCHESTER LANCASHIRE
Role The Business Analyst will be assigned to various programmes and projects within DCC, delivering under the DCC's Change Delivery Methodology. The Business Analyst will be expected work with various internal teams (such as Operations, Finance, Regulatory, Legal etc.) and external parties (i.e. DCC Service Providers, DCC Service Users, BEIS and Ofgem where appropriate) to elicit, analyse, and validate requirements, including documenting business processes for various programmes and initiatives. The Business Analysis support may be required end-to-end or during different phases of a project/programmes.
This role will report into one of the Senior Business Analysts in the team.
- Define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects.
- Identify and validate the business requirements using various techniques.
- Lead requirement gathering workshops (internal and external) to capture functional and non-functional requirements.
- Write requirements specifications in using standard templates in accordance with the chosen project methodology.
- Represent requirements using visual models as appropriate.
- Lead business process workshops (Internal and external) to develop end-to-end cross functional business processes.
- Capture, consolidate and interpret requirements to support to development of a business case.
- Perform Gap Analysis and Impact Assessment of any changes as defined in the DCC Change Process.
- Develop and assumes responsibility for analysis artefacts (such as high-level requirements, detailed requirements and business processes) and ensuring the views of stakeholders are accurately reflected in the artefacts.
- Maintain full traceability of the Analysis Artefacts and Requirements throughout the end-to-end lifecycle.
- Support delivery partners in a Product Owner Role.
- Experience of working in Scrum/Sprint delivery teams.
- Maintain excellent relationships with the DCC suppliers, BEIS, regulators and other external stakeholders.
- Be proactive in their own training and development as well as in coaching and mentoring of other BA colleagues.
- Contribute to the success of the Business Analysis Practice.
Skills and Experiences Essential
- Excellent business analysis including requirements gathering, impact analysis, gap analysis, workshop facilitation, process mapping, business process re-engineering and requirements definition, User story writing, conceptual thinking, etc.
- Experience of end-to-end lifecycle BA support from feasibility, business case through delivery and Operational support into BAU.
- Experience of working on waterfall, incremental and AGILE projects.
- Experience of using standard Business Analysis techniques and BPMN.
- Experience of working on technical software delivery projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to develop good working relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrable analytical skills and keen attention to details.
- Excellent Documentation, Report Writing and Presentation skills.
- Self-starter and a quick learner. Ability to work at own initiative and be adaptable to change or lack of structure.
- Skilled and experienced in the use of Microsoft Office suite esp. MS Visio and MS SharePoint as a document/knowledge management tool.
- Knowledge of Confluence, Jira, Balsamiq and any other requirement capture, and design tools also preferred. Also, ability to quickly learn and adapt to any new tool.
- Ability to work both independently & in a team, effectively manage their own time and good organisational skills in a diverse, open and friendly environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
Skills and Experiences Desirable
- Previous Utilities experience, especially Smart Metering, not necessary but preferable.
- Recognised Business Analysis certifications/qualifications, through BCS/IIBA or other.
- Experience of delivering ITIL projects and/or ITIL certification.
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
- ms project