- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Business Analyst M/F-VIE-London - Corporate and Investment Banking London - Great BritainDescription of the Business Line or Department
The Global and Integrated Finance Division ('DFIN') department's aim is to add value to the Group and its business lines' development, through a transformation of our organisation and operating modes. DFIN provides a key contribution to the Group value creation, through our activities of strategic advisory, steering, data production and certification. We are engaged in all dimensions of performance evaluation across the Group and provide a transversal and objective vision to support informed decision-making for the management and development of the Group and its business lines.
Some of the many ways we are providing this are in the following:
• Support and challenge all business lines, at every level of the organisation;
• Organise an agile adaptation to strategic and regulatory challenges;
• Ensure the security and reliability of financial information through operational excellence;
• General management, pillars, business lines and corporate functions, regulators, auditors, markets and investors;
• Performance assessed with operational indicators and financial information;
• From strategic analysis to decision-making and execution monitoring;
• Transversal vision of the Group, of all business lines and geographic regions;
• Objectivity and the ability to take the broad view;
• As trusted advisors, we are an essential partner to the managers;
International function (paths and career) and diversity;
• Exemplarity in our management and our daily behaviours;
• Innovation in our operation models and the implementation of digital levers.
DFIN DTO (Digital Transformation Office) is the entry point and the interlocutor of other Group central divisions for the deployment of instructions, procedures, projects or tools of the Group on the DFIN perimeter in UK. It provides overall coordination and implementation on the perimeter that devolves resulting transformation and reorganisation plans.
DFIN DTO UK supports other departments in their respective missions by:
• Propose Transformation strategy and build resulting action plan
• Ensure quality project delivery
• Support internal and external clients for change the bank initiatives such as IT evolutions, process optimization and reorganizations
Summary of the key purposes of the role
1 - WORK CLOSELY with the Finance teams to understand their objectives and their key challenges
2 - CONTRIBUTE TO UK Finance Digital TRANSFORMATION
The DFIN Business Analyst is looking for opportunities to improve Finance Performance steering via the use of new innovative tools in the UK.
3 - CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENTS
The Business Analyst is:
-documenting and analysing processes
-helping in the implementation of tactical solutions
-identifying the opportunity of improvement
-proposing new way of thinking and promoting innovation
-driving the functional changes such as process improvements or any project not involving IT.
He/She will report locally to the UK Head of Finance Digital Transformation Office (DFIN/DTO).
Summary of responsibilities
• Contribute to the delivery of some digital initiatives on his perimeter according to the objectives agreed with his Manager within timeframe and at the level of quality required
• Coordinate the delivery of the business requirements and agreement with stakeholders (production team manager)
• Review and pro-active challenge solution and project deliverables to ensure adherence to quality standards
• Facilitate the testing strategy design, preparation and contribution to the execution
• Work closely with the Production team during the User Acceptance Tests, to ensure a successfully outcome of testing
• Maintain and regularly communicate a full-scope Project status report with the key stakeholders of his project
• Organize and Lead projects working groups with different stakeholders imply in the initiatives
• Ensuring Project governance is in place and communicated effectively
• Assist in Change Management
- Elaborate with stakeholders a Change Management strategy
- Challenge impact analysis and choice of relay for change
- Monitor actors' adherence to change
• Conducting Post-implementation reviews and pro-actively refining the department's offer and approach in order to satisfy Finance Management and client departments' requirements.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in economics or Finance.
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
You are proficient in Office application
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Office pack, understanding of new Digital Technologies, Internal IT architecture (FO to Accounting) would be a plus.
• Good interpersonal skills; to be able to communicate convincingly with the key stakeholders
• Ability to quickly give a synthetic overview (good oral & written communication) & communicate with top management
• Coordination skills (across and between the teams in DFIN and other departments)
• Ability to analyze/handle complex issues (strong analytical sense) & propose effective solutions
• Team player, enjoy sharing information, adaptable
• Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive, ability to drive the change
• Have a reliable professional conduct
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com .
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Finance division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, Asset Management and Investor Services. This division oversees the quality and delivery of financial statements for GBIS, the independent certification of financial data for various activities, and also provides day-to-day explanations on profit and loss for market activities.
Job code: 19000ATU
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/07/2019
- ms project