- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Main purpose / context of the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and dynamic Capture Team Lead to join Boeing’s UK Sales and Marketing team, based at our offices in Bristol. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work across a variety of interesting markets from platform-specific, cyber and training contracts to mention a few.
- Accountable for leading large scale, complex and competitive sales campaigns for planned opportunities
- Leads the approval process by advocating the customer requirements and selling the business case to management to ensure quality deal
- Leverages detailed understanding of both customer and Boeing needs and resources to find areas of alignment and integration
- Drives campaign activities to successful completion by integrating multiple aspects of the customers' needs. Crafts campaign specific strategies, procures resources and secures management commitment to ensure successful execution
- Leverages company resources to support customer commitments, gain a competitive advantage and foster business growth by using a comprehensive understanding (breadth and depth) of multiple Boeing products and services, process and operations and resources
- Researches, reviews and analyzes information about competitors' products and services to develop a comprehensive understanding (breadth and depth) of specific competitor activities and their impact on company strategy to improve our competitive position. Verifies, evaluates and applies detailed customer knowledge to advance campaign activity, support the long range business plan (LRBP) and contribute to strategy development (e.g., country, region and campaign)
- Establishes a broad network of contacts and knowledge base to act as a broker of knowledge to multiple customer needs
- Develops customer solutions by coordinating and integrating with internal and external processes and divisions to provide a competitive advantage and to foster business growth with acceptable margins. Coordinates packaging of Boeing and Industry products and knowledge into complete solutions that meets customer needs. Leads review process with management by balancing customer expectations and Boeing resources
- Leads preparation of proposals by developing themes and discriminators and ensures correct members and resources are included in the team. Recommends alternative means of compliance to customer requests
- Reviews and contributes to the final draft materials. Challenges recommended scope and cost to ensure compliance and competitiveness. Develops strategy and tactics using in-depth knowledge of customer needs, Boeing products and services and competitive environment to foster business growth with acceptable margins
- Places priority on understanding customer needs and takes ownership on finding solutions, effectively using empathy, patience and collaboration skills
- Uses appropriate techniques in order to gain agreement and commitment to drive results
- Confidently and effectively integrates product, operational knowledge and acquisition process into a customer discussion.
- Prior complex campaign / proposal experience
- Strong stakeholder management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of UK Government procurement process is preferred
- Highly competent in using MS Office products.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.