- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports -- and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
As a Business Controller, you will work on Google’s Devices and Services business.
You will be part of the broader Devices and Services finance team and will coordinate closely across all finance areas (i.e. finance operations, financial planning and analysis, accounting, tax, treasury, internal audit) on finance operational considerations related to the Devices and Services business. You will also provide financial risk management support across several of Google’s key business and product initiatives.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- BA/BS degree in Business or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Certified accountant ACA/ACCA.
- Demonstrated job stability with increasing levels of responsibility and a track record of successfully managing and influencing complex cross-functional decisions and initiatives.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and to lead and drive complex operational initiatives
- Collaborative style and ability to work with vendors and international teams.
- Developed analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Partner with Partnerships team to understand industry, product, and business related trends that pose potential financial risk to Google.
- Identify process, systems and resource gaps that jeopardize product success.
- Propose solutions and secure management buy-in to resolve process, systems and people gaps.
- Design and maintain an effective internal control environment for the area, including ensuring accuracy of financial accounts and information related to the product/business area.
- Provide deal advisory support for key accounting and operational aspects of distribution and sales contracts.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate