- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Business Development Manager-12 month Fixed term ContractWho we're looking for
We're looking for a Business Development Manager to manage existing intermediary relationships, generate new relationships and assist grow the Benchmark Capital Discretionary Fund Management and Model Portfolio Services business. We are looking for someone who has a keen understanding of the UK intermediary market and enjoy discussing asset classes and global markets with our clients on a regular basis.
We want someone who is a self-starter, results driven and highly entrepreneurial to join the investment team at Benchmark Capital with the aim of expanding our business across the UK.
The team is busy so a 'hands-on' and 'can-do' professional attitude with a strong work ethic is essential.
Benchmark Capital and Schroders plc
In December 2016, Schroders made a strategic investment into Benchmark Capital, recognising the group's best-in-class technology, unique investment platform and deep relationship with its clients.
Benchmark Capital provides financial intermediaries with a unified digital first suite of solutions ranging from Practice Management Software, CRM, Investment Platform, Intermediary Network and Discretionary Fund Services.
Benchmark Capital has prioritised growing its discretionary fund management business as its strategic focus and is looking to add to its business development team.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. Benchmark Capital has offices at Broadlands Business Park in Horsham. This role will require a lot of UK travel to visit our clients that are based outside of London.
Positioned within Schroders UK Intermediaries Team, the Schroders sales team contributes to Schroders' business generation, continued servicing and retention of existing clients by sourcing new clients, providing updates to existing clients and marketing the full range of Schroders' investment capabilities. The team covers UK Intermediary market ranging from wealth manager's, discretionary fund managers and independent financial advisors. The successful candidate will be seconded to Benchmark Capital for the duration of the contract to assist the team at Benchmark Capital meet their discretionary services and model portfolio growth targets.
The Business Development Manager, reporting into the Chief Investment Officer at Benchmark Capital, will market the full range of products offered by Benchmark Capital including their discretionary management services, model portfolio services, unit trusts and sustainable investment offerings. The job holder will work in close collaboration with investment team at Benchmark Capital to help establish new relationships, build on existing relationships and grow Benchmark Capital's presence in the greater UK market.
The Business Development Manager will be expected to demonstrate Schroders' Values: striving for Excellence; working with Innovation & Teamwork; having Passion and Integrity and a strong commitment to build on Schroders' profile, profitability and client base whilst liaising effectively with stakeholders across the business.
What you'll do
• Maintain existing relationships with clients with the aim of increasing support to Benchmark Capital products and services, assisting with queries on portfolio positioning and market outlook and providing detailed answers to any questions on Benchmark Capital products and services
• Attend new client meetings as introduced by the Benchmark Capital relationship management team (this team only markets Benchmark Capital's non-investment services) with the aim of onboarding these clients as either discretionary, model or unit trust clients
• Through active networking and marketing growing Benchmark Capital presence in the UK market as a leading discretionary fund manager by representing Benchmark Capital at industry events
• Identify potential prospects to Benchmark Capital's investment service offering and conclude terms to increase assets under management in all of Benchmark Capitals products and services
• Produce high quality, client focused, accurate and compliant investment presentations within the agreed deliverable timeframe, adhering to relevant rules and guidelines in collaboration with the Benchmark Capital Marketing team
• Facilitate and arrange events for clients and potential clients on an ongoing basis incorporating teams at Schroder's Multi Asset, Schroder's Economic team and Benchmark Capital investment team
• Attend the Benchmark Capital quarterly investment committee to relay to the committee the current concerns of clients and help the committee better understand the current distribution landscape
• Assist the Benchmark Capital marketing team by collating and contributing to quarterly reports, monthly fund factsheets and monthly market updates by providing detailed commentary on Benchmark Capital's investment solutions and positioning.
• Assist the Investment team by producing responses to client queries on Benchmark Capital's investment positioning and asset class outlook.
• Assist CIO with additional queries and client updates as required
• Identify key events which Benchmark Capital could be involved with to increase both brand presence and sales and liaise with relevant teams to ensure Benchmark Capital's involvement
• Demonstrate professional behaviours and an ability to work in a co-operative, consistent, diligent and efficient manner - at times under pressure.
• Provide support to other team and department members, particularly during busy periods.
• Contribute to team and department initiatives.
• Where appropriate, attend Schroders and external industry events to further market and product knowledge.
• Record and file all materials in accordance with FCA requirements and the Benchmark Capital internal policies
• Participation in ad hoc projects as assigned.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Candidates should have a Financial or Asset Management background with experience in discussing investments propositions in the UK intermediary market
• Keen interest in asset classes, the global economy and latest financial news
• Strong team player, with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively, use own initiative and a self-starter.
• Highly entrepreneurial
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively in a professional environment.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong numeracy and literacy
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience in relation to multi asset products is desirable.
• Experience in marketing MPS or DFM solutions is desirable
• Candidates should be educated to degree-level (or have equivalent working experience)
• IMC (or equivalent, or the ambition to do so)
• CFA or working towards is desirable
What you'll be like
• Motivated, committed and enthusiastic
• Ability to prioritise, and work effectively under pressure.
• Uses initiative to solve problems.
• Able to work collaboratively across teams.
• Focused on continuous improvement, quality and delivery.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.