- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Qualified solicitor with experience working in project development / business development sought by Power & Energy Equity Fund looking to scale their London business development team. With an active interest across Renewable Generation, emerging Smart Energy (Battery Storage, Smart Metering) and Retail Energy, you will lead origination, Due Diligence and investment execution.
The successful business development manager will benefit from exposure to a broad range of Power and Energy Technologies, a cross-section of Industry verticals (Retail through to generation) and three distinct investment geographies, Europe, Middle East and Africa. Having recently identified a head of financial modelling, our client are looking to strengthen another core discipline (legal) in-house enabling them to take projects a stage further before drafting in legal advisors in the due diligence process.
Business Development Manager (Legal Background) key requirements;
- Legal background – A solicitor qualified in England and Wales (or a European Jurisdiction). Experience reviewing/drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- 3 – 6 experience in Power & Energy Project Development or Investment.
- Experience of due diligence, exposure to debt restructuring, equity structuring, and contract negotiation is desirable.
- The ability to understand partners and colleagues and build effective relationships with them.
- Prior experience representing equity preferable but advisory and lender experience also considered. The ideal business development manager will be very strong commercially. He or She will be comfortable leading an energy investment process from teaser review to execution.
- ms project