- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a Business Development Manager you will be primarily focused on the personal care sector, but also working across other consumer sectors, you will identify and convert new clients and develop existing client accounts.
You will be working in a dynamic team environment with world class engineers & scientists, to deliver excellent projects for our clients which provide real commercial impact on their business. Day to day you could be working on planning for a marketing event, pitching to a new contact, presenting a proposal, negotiating a contract, delivering an awesome project with the team and mapping out next phases across a wide range of possible technology areas from novel fluid dispense to connected sensing systems, and at any point in the innovation development funnel from front end strategy to prototyping to transfer to production.
We offer a diverse, fun and challenging work environment where you'll have the chance to shape the strategy of the business, and work with a wide variety of projects and with many different skill sets
- Work as part of a dynamic team of other business developers, program and technical leads and together present the best and most relevant proposals to our clients.
- Remain involved in converted projects to act as the client’s voice for the team, be contractually responsible for Cambridge Consultants for the delivery of the project, and best position us to win follow-on work and to grow the client account.
- Develop a marketing strategy and thought leadership to enable us to grow our personal care sector through building new contacts and demonstrating market relevance, through which ever avenues and methods are appropriate for this sector.
- Work as part of the broader business development team to plan the ways, and how, we can strategically grow our overall business. Minimum requirements
You will be an experienced business development professional who has demonstrated commercial impact and ability to successfully generate and close business. This will be evidenced by your:
- Proven ability and track record of success in growing and developing accounts within the Personal Care sector, this could be from cosmetics, skin diagnostics, fragrances or personal hygiene
- Experience working in a technology based product environment and consequent understanding of technology, either software, mechanical design, electronics, and/or physics
- Understanding of, and experience with, regulated product development, and of innovative trends within the Personal Care space
- Professional services experience - either through working for a professional services company, or through engaging with technology/engineering focussed professional services organisations DESIRABLE
- Technical background e.g. technical education and/or experience in a technical product development environment
- Connected system experience - ideally you have worked on connected system for monitoring physiological signals, and understands regulated apps
- Consumer sector experience: has understanding of consumer brands, creating products consumers buy and consumer engagement & delight
- Contract negotiation experience
- Account management experience Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse workplace. We believe that diversity can only flourish when everyone feels included and has a sense of belonging.
We value all people regardless of gender, age, disability, race, ethnic origin, parental status, language, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
A Times Top 100 Best Company to work for
Learn about Life at CCWhat to expect when applying
- ms project