- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are:Newsprinters, forming part of News UK, a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Your team:Become a member of our determined Commercial team who are driven to achieving a long term sustainability for Newsprinters by driving cost out and revenue in, whilst ensuring we operate in an optimised way. A team dedicated in delivering Newsprinters strategy with energetic team values underpinned by a strong mind-set on delivering results and making a real difference.
Your role: To provide business analytics to support business improvement and drive revenue across Newsprinters. Working with the Business Improvement Director to provide key intelligence that will drive business improvement initiatives whilst providing project management dashboard tools and support.
In this position, you will undertake process analysis, performance benchmarking, descriptive analytics, and comprehensive analysis of the data derived from those systems and other areas to inform strategic decisions and drive business process changes. This role will be primarily based in our Broxbourne location.
Day to day you will:
- Assist in research of market sector trends, competitive data, and performance to aide in the development of strategies, initiatives and programs.
- Develop and monitor internal metrics to support and drive business improvement initiatives and BAU functions
- Build bespoke modular dashboards for different areas of the business to understand performance and deliverables
- Supporting the leadership team on key projects
- Prepare various daily, weekly, monthly reports as required
- Ad hoc reporting/presentation building
- Develop, enhance and maintain key reports
- Tableau knowledge and experienced to interpret data and build smart dashboards.
- Strong interaction with all areas across the group. Collaborate with other areas to pull and understand the data being analysed
- Review company departmental budgets across all areas of spend to guide future investments and monitor return on investment
- Own the KPI dashboard for Newsprinters key supplier performance and provide insight to the Key Supplier Manager
What we're looking for from you:
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills + Tableau Experience
- Strong Communications skills
- Effective ability to multi-task to ensure deadlines are met
- Proven experience in a insights role
- Solid experience in data analysis and reporting
- Problem solving aptitude, attention to detail and strong organisational capability
- Project Management skills
What's in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private healthcare
- Extensive & continual internal & external training and development opportunities
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Discounted book store
- Regular in-house speaker events
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual's potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
- ms project