- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Business Insights Manager
Strategy & Business Development
Filmed Entertainment Group
UPHE Content Group is an independent mini-studio within the infrastructure of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and distribution footprint of NBCUniversal. With offices around the world and central headquarters in London, the UPHE Content Group discovers, acquires and produces a diverse range of quality content across a multitude of genres (film, stand-up comedy, TV drama/sitcoms, music, sports, documentary, family entertainment, events & special interest) for global distribution. It’s multiplatform sales & distribution footprint includes theatrical, physical, digital (SVOD & Transactional), TV (Free & Pay) as well as consumer products. The business uniquely focuses on managing talents, partnerships, brands and titles across all rights and across their full lifecycle. It is a business rooted in Artists and repertoire (A&R) culture, driven by relationships, innovation and ambitious growth plans.
The Business Insights Manager role will proactively work to support the delivery of a challenging and engaging impact insight programme for the UPHE Content Group. The role works across the global team to use business’s data more effectively to inform business decisions and strategy development for all departments.
•Proactively deliver analysis, insight and recommendations that influence Content Group’s business decisions and strategy
•Support the development of collaborative insight projects with all the departments in Content Group across A&R, Production, Marketing, Operations, Content strategy, Finance and Legal
•Measure the impact of and use of the data insights provided on a regular basis
•Ensure that business data and analytic requirements are established, segmented, understood and met through the design of appropriate insight projects
•Identify and find approaches to address insight gaps across the group
•Present or introduce insight findings across Content Group to key stakeholders with actionable recommendations for decision making
•Support Commercial team with investment decisions and long term planning
•Support planning for new business initiatives
•Analyse title performance and provide key reporting across multi formats
•Identify, source, review, analyse and communicate external sources of data & research including but not limited to just the content industry which might form the basis of short or long term future strategy & direction of the company or content
•Keep track of and perform ad hoc market research on key issues (e.g. new industry trends & technologies)
•Work flexibly within the wider team to contribute and support wider strategic projects across Content Group as and where appropriate.
•Provide ad-hoc analysis & reports, as required for key stakeholders
- Self starter who is proactive, curious and excited about making an impactful & positive change to the team
- Proven ability to interpret, assess and translate data into insights.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Proactive networker who can gather data from a wide variety of internal and external sources
- Experience with consumer research analysis and proven track record of using this data to refine & develop business strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Experience in the production of business cases or business models
- Good communication skills (written & oral) with an ability to influence others across different levels within an organization.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast moving and demanding environment.
- Attention to detail; experienced multi tasker
- Committed team player who can work independently when required
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Powerpoint
- Media & Film industry knowledge
- Educated to degree level in an analytical or numerate discipline
- 3 + years of relevant work experience – i.e. Media/ Retail Commercial Finance which includes hands on experience with data analytics and modelling
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) is the global home entertainment division of Universal Pictures, headquartered in Los Angeles and headed by President, Universal Pictures Worldwide Home Entertainment, Eddie
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.