- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Business Support Developer (C# .NET)Division Summary
ICBC Standard Bank Plc is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an experienced analyst and support developer to join our dedicated Control IT team at our London offices.
ICBC Standard Bank requires a hands-on analyst and support developer to help develop and maintain our strategic Control IT systems covering Client Management, Financial Crime and Legal.
You will be involved in all aspects of the lifecycle of our applications from design and requirements analysis through build and test to delivery of the software into production. You will ensure that project requirements and deadlines are met and that the projects are designed and built in a way to ensure both a smooth transition into production and that maintenance of the systems are made as seamless as possible.
- Ensuring all business requirements are complete and understood before development takes place.
- Developing the systems further to meet the changing requirements of the business
- Develop automated build and test packs to minimise manual work.
- Ensure that systems are easily maintainable in production so that issues can be identified early and that systems are designed in a way that any changes can be applied with minimal impact to the existing implementation.
- Delivering of enhancements and fixes to the production environment.
- Pro-actively responding to the demands and challenges of users, prioritising those solutions/demands and managing expectations of users/customers.
- Provide analysis and design of new tactical solutions, following development standards and best practices. Identifying and communicating issues and risks to manager as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Gain knowledge of Control IT systems to understand the business processes and flows involved.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and systems to meet the banks requirements.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Agile or Test Driven Development
- SOLID principles of software design
- .Net 4
- C# 4.0
- ASP.NET MVC 4.0
- Entity Framework (EDMX, Code First, Migrations)
- SQL Server
- Automated testing and deployment using Continuous Integration. A thorough understanding and commitment to the Continuous Improvement philosophy will be essential.
- LINQ (to Objects, EF, XML)
- Demonstrates knowledge of working closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Business Owners to understand requirements.
- Experience working on regulatory driven projects
- Full project life cycle
- Change Control procedures
- Octopus Deploy
- Experience of integration and migration work with both internal and vendor based systems.
- Web Services
- Real-time systems (e.g. Message Queuing)