- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £40,000.00 gross per year
Contract Type: Permanent
* Develop, execute & maintain robust sourcing strategies focusing on cost, reliability, flexibility, innovation and risk for raw materials, NPD raw materials, capital equipment, other goods and services
* Lead supplier selection process, through benchmarking, RFx processes, detailed negotiations and contract placement
* Manage supplier relationships for goods and services, facilitating technical and commercial communication between suppliers and internal customers,
* Explore & deliver cost reduction opportunities through strategic supply chain activities - supplier transfer/ consolidation/ value engineering, etc.
* For NPD raw materials, (a) develop and manage accurate costed BoMs and communicate variances during development process, (b) ensure material availability to support the NPD process while managing the risk and exposure of design change, (c) develop stocking profiles and communicate the expected inventory impact post launch.
* Develop robust supply chains suitable for volume production.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Educated to degree standard, or 5 years' experience in an engineering discipline.
* Ideally a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management, or a minimum of 5 years' experience in a relevant Purchasing role.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Strong internal and external stakeholder management
* Experience of implementing Procurement best practice across goods and services
* Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite and ERP/MRP systems.
* Good inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate well in English both written and orally.
* The ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation is a key attribute as well as being a sound self-starter, assertive and a strong team player.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers