- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £80,000.00 - £120,000.00 gross per year
Maven is a proprietary trading organisation formed in 2011.
We employ the most talented traders, developers and engineers in the market, executing a diverse range of strategies across global equities and derivatives.
We are the most active participant in many of the products we trade, contributing significant liquidity to markets around the world.
Maven has a culture that is relaxed and informal but highly rewarding of strong performance; there's no dress code, plenty of free food and regular social events.
We have offices in London, Hong Kong and New York and will be opening a new Chicago office, as part of our plans to expand our coverage of derivatives markets.
Our Options Market Making Group provides liquidity on options contracts on all the major European, American and Asian derivatives exchanges, across a range of underlying asset classes.
Our approach to trading is scientific and technology driven.
Tight integration between trading and software development, relying on cutting edge infrastructure is core to our success.
Our small teams of C#, C++ and Python developers are responsible for our in-house applications, ranging from the world's lowest latency execution systems, through web-based user interfaces, to tools to interrogate multi-terabyte data sets.
Maven is looking for outstanding C++ software developers with the engineering, analytical and quant skills to help drive our continuing success to the next level.
Sitting on our trading floor, you will work alongside the best traders and developers to help us expand system connectivity to new markets, optimise order execution algorithms and improve our trading strategies.
- Full lifecycle of software development for market making.
- Collaborate with the IT Operations Team to ensure software can be supported and runs smoothly in production.
Assist them with first-line support when necessary.
- Participate in software engineering processes such as peer review, project planning and daily stand-up meetings.
- Work alongside traders and developers in other teams, such as FPGA, data analytics and UI developers.
- Develop low latency exchange connectivity components for new markets.
- Comply with all applicable policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
We pride ourselves on being able to rapidly deliver well-engineered software into production.
You will be able to see the impact of your work immediately and will be in a unique position to have a direct impact on trading revenue.
We make extensive use of automated testing and peer code review to ensure quality and maintainability while keeping time-to-market short.
All candidates must have:
- Excellent C++(11/14/17)
- Template programming
- Ultra low latency design
- Performance tuning and analysis
- Good numerical skills
- The ability to solve new and unfamiliar problems quickly and creatively
- An efficient and diligent approach with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An Interest in trading and finance
An ideal candidate would also have:
- Knowledge of financial markets & securities (particularly futures and options)
- Experience with NoSQL and time-series databases
- Knowledge of multiple derivative exchange platforms
- Network communication protocols UDP and TCP
- Network acceleration using proprietary drivers and kernel bypass
- Understanding of and optimization for modern Intel architecture
The deadline for applications is the 28th January 2020.
- ms project