- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £27,000.00 - £35,000.00 gross per year
- CENTRAL LONDON LONDON
Job Description - Campaigns and Social Research Manager (homeworking) July 2019
Salary range: 27 to 35K per annum
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week including one hour lunch break each day)
Start date: October 2019
Location: Home-based, working 1 or 2 days a week from shared office in London, with travel costs paid within the Greater London area
Annual leave: 25 days per annum plus Bank Holidays
Closing date: 23rd August
Interview date: 12th September
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Please apply online with a CV together with a one-page supporting statement (CVs alone will not be accepted). Please ensure you fully address the criteria in the person specification.
Waterwise is an independent, not-for-profit UK NGO focused on reducing water consumption in the UK. Our vision is that water is used wisely, every day, everywhere. We support and challenge governments, industry, customers and others to be innovative and ambitious on water efficiency. We are the leading authority on water efficiency in the UK. Our work includes stakeholder engagement, research, events, technological and policy innovation and media. We are funded by Supporters and Affiliates.
Campaigns and Social Research Manager Person Specification
We need someone who is proactive and a self-starter who has a background in social science and/or communications and campaigns to join our small, high-powered, influential team. The role involves campaigns, policy and project work and research relating to how we all use water. It's a great opportunity to be immersed in influencing the water efficiency agenda and working towards a water-saving culture, as well as to engage in external meetings and networks.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Academic training in or experience of social science/behavioural change and/or campaigns and advocacy
- Experience working on campaigns and engagement projects - for example, driving individual or community change, using social norms, planning and/or delivering practical and research projects, tailoring communications etc
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office programmes: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work flexibly and proactively within a small team
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Experience in supporting delivery of committees, steering groups, workshops, conferences and events
- Experience in working with stakeholders to drive change/influence
Campaigns and Social Research Manager Role Description
Reporting to the Head of Water Efficiency Engagement, you will be a key part of the team supporting and delivering research projects and the wider work programme at Waterwise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and running campaigns and engagement activities
- Working on discrete research projects as and when necessary, including project management - particularly on engagement and behaviour and related evidence
- Supporting co-ordinated approaches and campaigns with stakeholders, and the delivery of Waterwise’s Water Efficiency Strategy for the UK
- Supporting delivery of Waterwise’s communications
- Supporting and influencing policy development, consultation responses, and the delivery of Waterwise’s Water Efficiency Strategy for the UK
- Developing and maintaining a network of stakeholders
- Working with the communications and marketing team to provide content for blogs, trade media and press
- Assisting the team on various projects, events and core work, especially providing advice and support on policy and related evidence
- Attending and speaking at conferences, seminars and meetings to represent Waterwise
Other tasks and duties may arise.
- Communication Skills
- Project Management
- Written Communication
- ms project