- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Herts Good Care is a non-profit company, supporting adult care providers across Hertfordshire to fill their permanent positions. We are currently working with over 500 different care companies who are still hiring for Care Assistants and Support Workers at this time. We need people like you to care and support vulnerable people in your community.
Job Title:Care Assistant - Day duty
Job Number:HCPA(phone number removed)
Company Name:Stagenhoe Neurological Care Centre, Sue Ryer
Type of Provider:Care Home (Residential) , Nursing Home (Residential)
Supporting individuals with:Dementia , Older Adults , Physical Disability , Sensory Impairment
Salary: £8.72-£9.04 per hour plus competitive enhancements and benefits Per Hour
Hours of Work:37.5
Contract Type:Full Time Contract
Stagenhoe is a Sue Ryder specialist neurological care centre based in Hertfordshire, caring for people aged 18 and over who have life-changing conditions affecting the brain and nervous system. We are here for people with degenerative conditions such as Huntington's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease - as well as those with acquired conditions resulting from a brain or spinal injury or stroke.
At Sue Ryder not only do we treat more conditions than any other UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community; we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them.
Why should I apply for this job?
*£200 retention bonus for level 2 or above in Health Social Care payable after 6 months probation*
8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends 45%
Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 with service plus bank holidays
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Cash referral bonus scheme for certain roles
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers and cycle to work scheme
• Free onsite parking and good transport links
• Subsidised meals
• Staff loans and company car loans
• Free uniform
• Wellbeing centre and free will writing service
• Opportunities to progress through our development framework structure
What does this job involve?
• To promote choice in the delivery of care and support. Reviewing and making suggestions to enhance the individuals’ experience.
• To ensure accurate reporting and documentation.
• To participate in care planning implementation and review.
• To promote the values, build morale and encourage others to perform to high standards
Am I the right person for this job?
You must be flexible with excellent people skills and be a team player. Successful applicants must have recent experience in the delivery of care in a similar environment and have or be willing to gain an NVQ 2 in health and social care.
If you are interested in this position please apply today and we will call you within the next couple of days. If this is not the right job for you, you can search and apply easily for other positions via the hertsgoodcare website
Role: Care Assistant
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire,
Apply for this job now.
About the company