- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Care Assistant Day- Overbury House
Full and Part time positions
At Healthcare Homes we respect, support and provide excellent opportunities to our team members. With competitive rates of pay of up to £8.85 per hour basic rate with enhancements.
Overbury House are committed to providing the highest quality care possible, they take great pride in providing tailored care and support to meet the individual needs of each resident, in a friendly, warm, welcoming and supportive atmosphere.or bank holidays and potential to increase pay with qualifications and career progression.
At Overbury House we provide nursing and residential care for elderly frail and residents who are living with a dementia. Despite the complex needs of our residents we aim to maintain and improve our residents' abilities so they continue to live their life in a meaningful and fulfilling way.
The Hours for this role are- 8am till 8pm, 8am till 2pm & 2pm-8pm.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents in bathing, dressing and general mobility in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents in their personal hygiene requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Assisting residents with their continence requirements in accordance to their individual plan of care.
- Reporting any changes in residents' health or behaviour to your immediate supervisor.
- Retrieving from and delivering personal laundry to residents' rooms.
- Working with all other staff to ensure a happy, clean, dignified and safe environment for the residents.
- Ensure all records and documents are updated in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Assist with general cleaning, tidying and kitchen duties.
Specific Day Duties:
- Assisting in the provision of meals as appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and organisation of social activities within the daily routine.
- Develop good relations with all relatives and visitors.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment desirable but not always necessary.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Skills and Abilities:
- Develop good and effective relationships with all aspects of the business internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Self motivated
For more information about joining Healthcare Homes watch our recruitment video today!
About the company