- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Hertfordshire UK ,GB
Herts Good Care is a non-profit company, supporting adult social care providers across Hertfordshire to fill their permanent positions. We are currently working with over 500 different care companies who are currently hiring for Care Assistants and Support Workers at this time. We need people like you to care and support vulnerable people in your community.
Job Title:Care Assistant
Job Number:HCPA(phone number removed)
Company Name:NASH HOMECARE LTD
Job Shift:Days , Nights , Evenings , Weekends
Type of Provider:Home Care (Domiciliary)
Supporting individuals with:Dementia , Older Adults , End Of Life
Salary:£8.72 Per Hour
Hours of Work:0-35
Contract Type:Part Time Contract
0 Hours Contract
Nash Homecare is an independent family run home care agency who this year have been recognised for the quality of care we deliver by winning an award at the 2019 Home Care Awards. Due to the demand for our service in our local communities we are looking for talented care assistants to join our growing team.
Our company values are:
1. Commitment to excellence
2. Being a fair and respectful service
3. Positive approach
We are primarily looking for care assistants to work within the Tring, Berkhamsted or Hemel Hempstead areas, and have a various shifts available early mornings and evening:
- 7am to 11am
- 7am to 2pm
- 4pm to 10pm
- 6pm to 10pm
Why should I apply for this job?
* Enhanced rates of pay for bank holidays up £15.69
* £8.55 up to £10 per hour pay
* Part time / full time / weekday / weekend / morning / evening work available
* Mileage allowance - 40p per mile
* Company mobile phone
* 3% pension contribution
* Local work
* Great rates of pay
* Flexible hours that work around you
* Paid holiday
* Induction training
* Regular carer refresher training
* Free uniform
* Opportunity to study for Diploma in Health and Social Care
* Roles are subject to DBS checks (free)
* Exclusive care assistant employee discounts
* Exceptional support from our office staff and existing care assistant team
* Your pay will increase with successful completion of QCF/ NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care (Adults).
What does this job involve?
Being a Home Care Assistant at Nash Homecare means you make a difference to someone's life everyday, and no day is the same. This is because you will be caring for people with varying levels of independence within their own homes. This means that you will be assisting some people with all of their daily activities through to providing a pop in check in service to ensure they are ok and have what they need.
Every day is difference but typical duties that you may get involved in includes:
- Delivering Personal Care - assisting with getting up, bathing, washing, toileting, brushing teeth, hair, hair washing, emptying catheter bags, supporting with incontinence, dressing, putting to bed, monitoring skin health
- Delivering domestic support through help at home tasks - Light housework, preparing meals, assisting with feeding, shopping and paying bills
- Providing support with medication management
- Monitoringour client’s wellbeing and any changes that have/are occurring on an ongoing basis
- Completing full and accurate records and paperwork both at client homes and for the office on time
- Working as part of team to ensure client’s wellbeing is promoted
Am I the right person for this job?
The qualities we look out for in our talented home care assistants is to really want to care and support vulnerable in the local community. You need to have a compassionate and empathetic approach, and be really motivated by being part of team that want to deliver a great care service.
We are all about going the extra mile and thinking of our clients holistically, which means we think their overall wellbeing and the things that keep them happy.
We very much welcome people who have not done care professionally before but have the desire to step into the world of home care. We offer a full and structured training programme that supports you to be ready and great at your job, and this is coupled with on-going catch up and development support.
We want our carers to be great so support and encourage knowledge and skills development as you move your career forward with us.
At Nash Homecare we deliver a 7 day a week service, so we all share out weekend working between all the carer team. We ask carers to work shifts on an alternative weekend basis, so you can balance work and still have a life over weekends!
It is important that you drive and have your own car, as you will be travelling from home to home.
If you are interested in this position please apply today and we will call you within the next couple of days. If this is not the right job for you, you can search and apply easily for other positions via the hertsgoodcare website
About the company