- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Care Home Manager
Salary Package - between £35 - £40K (negotiable dependent on experience and proven capability in a similar role)
The Robert Douglas Memorial Home is committed to the values of providing a high standard of person-centered care, within a comfortable and homely environment, to each of our residents, their family and friends. We encourage independence and freedom of choice, promote dignity and individuality to all the residents in our care.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Manager to promote these values and to lead the staff team. The Care Home is registered for 17 residents and provides a full range of residential care services which include dementia, end of life and respite care.
This is an exciting role for an individual who is a committed Manager who is passionate about providing first class care to our residents.
Our ideal candidate will have;
- A minimum of 5 Years’ experience in a management role in the Care Sector.
- The candidate should possess the appropriate qualifications e.g. SVQ 4 plus an appropriate Leadership & Management qualification; Social Work degree or a Degree/Diploma in Nursing.
- All candidates should be currently registered with their regulatory body.
This is a full-time position based around a minimum of 37.5 hours, the expectation would be that the successful candidate will work the hours required to meet the needs of the post.
Experience and knowledge required;
- Knowledge of the Health & Social Care Standards and Care Inspectorate Inspection process is essential.
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial management
- Recruitment, staff selection and workforce development will form an integral part of the role.
- You will possess excellent interpersonal skills, a professional, confident and warm personality.
- Strong Leadership skills, along with influencing and motivational skills to develop your staff team.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the Care Home’s operation but with the primary focus being on improving and developing the service. You will be expected to work closely with the Management Committee and Trustees of the Care Home reporting to them at their regular meetings.
In return you can expect:
- Contributary Pension Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Company Sick Pay Allowance