- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We have exciting opportunities for Claims Handlers to join our centre of excellence at the Cruan Business Park.
Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining our Claims Team you’ll have a vital role to play. Within our Claims department we are looking for people with:
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Natural Investigating skills
- Letter-writer and a confident decision maker.
Our professionals will settle insurance claims with the maximum efficiency and minimum fuss, in an attractive environment. Our Casualty claims Department deals with both Liability and Motor Bodily Injury. A centre of excellence in which we are continually looking at ways of enhancing the service we provide for our customers. We know that making a claim can be a stressful time, but by having a dedicated team of experienced Claims Advisors all under one roof, our customers will benefit from a seamless and efficient service.
In this role you’ll follow up the claim, including dealing with claimant's solicitors, Brokers, credit hire companies, third party insurers and negotiate settlements. Our customers are commercial and personal policyholders who need to trust us in handing all aspects of the claim.
You will talk and listen calmly to our customers, knowing just the right questions to ask to obtain relevant information to assist you in processing their claim.
You'll relish getting to the bottom of things. Only through meticulously checking facts and asking questions will you be able to weigh up information and make accurate decisions about the claim. You'll enjoy taking personal responsibility for your own workload, continually reorganising and prioritising to ensure our customers get the best service possible.
With your strong work ethic and even stronger customer focus, you'll put yourself in our customer's shoes ultimately minimising the impact of the claim to them.
Are You Someone Who
- Enjoys a challenge where no two days are the same.
- Likes to deal directly with customers on the phone listening and fact finding.
- Enjoys negotiating with people and making decisions based on facts, as well as challenging the status quo.
- Is quick to adjust your work priorities to meet changing demands.
- Is collaborative with colleagues.
If you answer yes to all of these, we would love to meet you.
The current office opening hours are 9am until 5pm we are looking to recruit full time members of staff for a 35 hour week and will consider shift patterns within the above working hours.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade A to C (Grades 4 – 9 from 2017) with two of those being in Maths and English.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication both written and oral together with questioning skills
- Special attention to detail
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational skills to manage caseload
- The ability to listen and reason empathetically.
- A natural curiosity to identify improvements with a positive mind set and a can do approach
- Able to deliver superb customer service
- Prepared to take ownership and take on challenges
- A strong commitment to deliver the right outcome for our customers
- No previous claims or insurance experience is required as full training will be provided.
- £17,000 - £23,250 depending on level of experience. Salary negotiable
- Career Progression model
- Free bus service that runs from Glasgow city centre, East Kilbride, Hamilton & Motherwell to Cruan Business Park, Bishopbriggs
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
Whilst we expect the offered salary to fall within the applicable pay range, any specific offer will be reflective of experience and the market rate for the role.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Martine Harris in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7652 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- customer service
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.