- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll Do
Ensure CX, Partners and Sellers are equipped with CX knowledge, skill set and tools to maximize customer success and business growth.
- Manage CGEM and Service Sales stakeholder enablement requirements in the region
- Deliver the curriculum role-based training, education and enablement to Regional CX Organizations, Sales and Partners through a multitude of innovative forums, platforms and multi-media vehicles (digital, webinar, live, boot camp, partners) to establish a globally consistent CX journey with Cisco.
- Integrate with Sales and Partner programs & platforms to drive mindshare around the CX offers and lifecycle approach
- Provide training & enablement to partners across the entire CX lifecycle and build training plans for CX - Roles within the Partner organizations to maximize Customer value through the Lifecycle
- Collaborate and influence across CX Content Specialists, Role Communities Leads, CXPM, Theater Leads/Advisory and Sales to deliver integrated enablement and learning plans
- Identify localization requirements and work with Central team to deliver this.
- Support Cisco, Industry and Partner Regional events to deliver education, awareness, value proposition and CX journey.
Who You’ll Work With
Theatre sales and CX teams, CXPM, Central Enablement, Role Communities
Who You Are
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in enablement or talent development.
- 7+ years experience in sales enablement programs including, but not limited to: training design, delivery and measurement, communications, strategy, and relationship management.
- Subject matter expertise in CX Portfolio
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as active listening skills.
- Must prioritize effectively, be a problem solver, collaborative and able to thrive in a fast paced environment
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.