- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About The Role
It’s challenging and fast-paced working as a Checkout Team Leader, you’ll be part of a highly energised team who work hard and get the job done. Our stores are successful when we all work together to deliver a great experience for our customers, and our people make the difference.
What will I do as a Checkout Team Leader?
- Effectively communicate with and coordinate the team of colleagues at the checkouts to consistently deliver outstanding service and focus on the customer experience
- Analyse department data and use this to develop a plan of action with the Checkout Manager
- Ensure standards remain high and continually look for ways to improve.
Flexibility is really important to us as you will need to be able to work some evenings and weekends.
What do I need to be a successful Checkout Team Leader?
- Passionate about delivering great customer service
- Relevant experience in a retail environment
- Experience in developing, leading and coaching a team to improve performance
- Ability to effectively plan, organise and manage own and direct reports workload
- Ability to work to deadlines and really rise to a challenge with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Have a Fresh Thinking and a continuous improvement mindset
- Be a strong influencer able to communicate at all levels with excellent customer service skills.
Our aim to offer more of what matters extends to our employees too. Join us and you can expect to enjoy great career prospects and a very competitive pay and benefits package. In addition to an attractive salary, we offer discount cards for you and two friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, a highly competitive pension scheme, Life Assurance and more besides.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please note; we may close the vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications.
About The Company
Shopkeepers for over 100 years, we love providing our customers with a great shopping experience they won’t find anywhere else.
At just under 500stores across the UK, ourretail colleagues work as one team to provide plenty of food essentials, a great service and a buzz people enjoy. It’s why our customers keep coming back for more.
The UK’s 4thlargest supermarket, we provide great value for money and good quality fresh food and groceries to over 11 million customers every week. Our focus on freshness makes us stand out as we prepare more fresh food in-store than any other supermarket. It’s challenging. It’s fast-paced. But from Market Street to checkout our friendly team loves going above and beyond to bring our customers what they want.
At Morrisons we believe in investing in our colleagues and industry-leading training programmes. We provide our colleagues with the opportunities they need to make it to the top. Many of our store managers started out on the shop floor. They’ve been there and done that. It’s how they know how to support our colleagues and help our customers so well.
- customer service