- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
HOTEL OR ENTITY
Sofitel London Gatwick
Hotel as part of a franchise network
City West Sussex State South East (England) Region/Country United Kingdom
World Class Hotels & French EleganceSofitel offers contemporary hotels and resorts adapted to today’s more demanding and more versatile consumers who expect and appreciate beauty, quality and excellence. Whether situated in the heart of a major city like Paris, London, New York or Beijing, or nestled away in a country landscape in Morocco, Egypt, Fiji Islands or Thailand, each Sofitel property offers a genuine experience of the French “ art de vivre”.Sofitel and its Ambassadors link the world with French Elegance across a collection of unique addresses offering their guests and partners a personalized service enriched with emotion, performance and a passion for Excellence.
Discover the hotel
Job Level Job
Fixed-term contract: No
Status Full Time
Anticipated Start Date 05-09-2017
Milan Horvath firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of Education
Areas of study
1 to 2 years
ESSENTIAL AND OPTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in a similar role ideally within a Hotel environment
- City & Guilds 706/1or NVQ equivalent Requirements
- Excellent command of the English language
- A positive attitude and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure
The Chef de Partie will support the Kitchen Operations including organizing special events, developing new dishes, maintaining food quality standards and comprehensive product knowledge. Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Chef de Partie
- Assist with the planning, ordering or production of food
- Maintenance and cleaning of the kitchen unit in accordance with company standards and statutory regulations
- To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers
- To ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of spec, taste, content, balance, freshness and flavour
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- To cost all menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to become our Chef de Partie, please click apply now. We’d love to hear from you!
SOFITEL AND ITS AMBASSADORS
The Sofitel brand is based on three core values guaranteed by each employee every day:
A Passion for Excellence, an Essence of Pleasure and a Spirit of Openness.
Through their actions and know-how, the Men and Women that are the creators of Sofitel’s luxury, offer clients a highly personalised service. By transforming every detail into a unique moment of pure comfort and elegance, they create and nurture a relationship with their guests.
The Sofitel values are also at the heart of the communication between employees. It is the legacy received and transmitted by all those involved in the brand to guarantee the continuity of the Sofitel spirit in the hotels and headquarters.
Watch the video
APPLY TO THIS VACANCY
About the company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,100 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.