- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
CIB Operations - Collateral Services (Derivatives Collateral Management) - Bournemouth - Professional PositionSummary
CollateralServices is a diverse, rapidlygrowing area offering a wide variety of Collateral based products to a variedclient base ranging from the Broker Dealer groups to Hedge Funds, Pension Fundsand Global Fund Managers. Our products are constantly developing to enable usto continue to be market leaders supporting new business opportunities andregulatory change.
The CollateralServices Operations function supports 3 main products:
Derivatives(DCM), Securities Lending (SCM) and Tri Party Repo (TPR). This role is withinthe Derivatives (DCM) team.
- Calculate, issue and agree margin calls with Brokers to mitigate credit risk exposures on behalf of our clients.
- Agree and book collateral trades to satisfy incoming margin calls from Brokers.
- Liaise directly with our clients and their Brokers on a daily basis via email and telephone.
- Perform daily reconciliations between systems and the market to ensure accurate record keeping and risk mitigation.
- Partner with internal groups within Agency Collateral to provide a superb client experience that will assist in retaining current business and growing new client activity.
- This role will include people management responsibilities.
- This role will include management of the daily processes; workflow allocation, verification of team members' output, providing control sign-offs etc.
- This role will include management of small projects designed to improve the BAU processes and enhance the experience of our clients.
- The Collateral Management team provides a service to our wide range of clientsacross European working hours, and is also required to work UK Bank Holidays asgoverned by client requirements.
- Cover may be provided via rotational shifts so aflexible approach to working hours is therefore needed, including overtime.
- The team supports flexible working includingoccasional working from home.
- There will be the potential for opportunities totravel both domestically and internationally once established in role.
- Continued growth of the team provides opportunitiesfor progression for team members demonstrating strong levels of performance.
- Excellent Client Service skills
- Numeracy skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand complex models within financial sphere
- Problem solving and data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and to work under pressure
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Educated to at least A level standard or equivalent - education within subjects relating to finance favourable - e.g. Maths, Economics etc.
Experiencewithin Collateral or Derivatives is favourable but not essential