- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
CIB Operations - Data Analyst - Bournemouth - Associate (Senior) J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivatives Operations provide operational support to Markets, Investor Services and Banking businesses across the CIB. Key product areas include Currencies, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, Global Clearing, and Trading Cost Management with a global team of ~1400 colleagues. Services provided to our Businesses include:
- Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Trade Cost Management
- Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $2TRN via FX trades, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 3M trades, managing collateral balances in excess of $350BN and processing ~700K cleared and intermediary trades
Currencies Operating primary functions supported covered by the 200+ strong group include; Payment processing and controls, confirmation drafting issuance and matching, client service, economic affirmation, onboarding to electronic platforms, client money novation, regulatory governance and change management.
- Service over 60,000 clients with over 400,000 discrete accounts
- Manage payments to 135 different countries, Transact in 113 different currencies, out of 35 JPM entities
- Manage $2Trn of gross settlements on 500,000 transactions, in over 100 different products daily
- Direct businesses supported generate $4Bn of annual revenue
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location Description - Bournemouth
Over 4,000 employees work at the Bournemouth Corporate Center. We take immense pride in our work and in helping our community. We're proud to leverage the local workforce and engage closely with local schools and charities. Our campus is set in 13 acres of grounds and includes on-site Tennis Courts and easy access to local sports facilities. We have good transport links including our commuter bus service. The site is currently benefitting from massive investment, redeveloping the office space into a High Performance Workspace and adding exciting new offerings to our communal spaces. We have 2 restaurants on site offering a wide range of healthy options. The staff are able to join in a wide range of groups from yoga to language classes, to groups supporting the diverse range of cultures represented here.
Role Description and Key Responsibilities
The team is looking for a highly driven Data Analyst with prior experience in the Financial Services industry to join the group and deliver on numerous key streams that will enable the successful delivery of the product's objectives. The successful candidate will be responsible for key aspects of the end to end project lifecycle including, but not limited to:
- Develop the analytics visualisation of data through tools such as Qlikview/Tableu
- Partner with our data science partners to develop future models to identify actionable insights that can be used to drive future strategy
- Work with stakeholders to derive insights from data into actionable recommendations/strategies
- Take responsibility of own work stream and ensure execution is completed to schedule
Key Skills Required
We are looking for a motivated, high performing individual with experience in either an Operations or Technology based environment within the financial services industry with an aptitude for Data.
- Strong business analysis skills
- Experience in working with big data
- Understanding of project management
- Working business knowledge of one or more areas of the Corporate and Investment Bank
- Proven track record within a Business Analyst and/or change management function is critical
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint is essential,
- Experience in QlikView/Tableau is a plus
- Expertise in data analysis and manipulation; familiarity with statistical modelling and analysis techniques required
- Experience with Data Analytics & Data Science including an understanding of Python is a plus
- Partners well with other groups outside of the team's reporting line; excellent interpersonal skills & ability to engage senior audience
- Logical, structured approach to planning, problem solving and decision-making
- Self-starter with ability to manage own workload and deliverables
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently across multiple aspects of the organization at all levels; confidence in communicating with management
- Ability to think strategically and understand the bigger picture
- Ability and willingness to work independently with responsibility over delivery
- ms project