- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
CIB Operations (Derivatives Ops) - Business Analytics & Reporting Analyst - Bournemouth - Senior Associate J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivative Operations provides operational support across the CIB covering eight key product areas including FX, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, 3rd Party Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Agency Collateral, Billing and CASS with ~1,900 employees. Services provided to our Businesses include:
- Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Invoicing and CASS Support
- Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $217B via FX trading, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 2.5M trades, servicing 200 3rd party clients, performing 10,000 margin calls, processing 470k cleared and intermediated trades and producing 9,000 invoices
OTC Derivatives Operations supports a global and diverse client base. Primary functions performed: affirmation, settlement, client money daily segregation, credit event management, client valuations, regulatory reporting, and tax reporting. Facilitate transaction execution via a 'best in class' systematic control framework, providing integration between risk systems (Athena, GPS, Kapital, Pyramid) and vendor platforms (DTCC / TIW / Markitwire / Thunderhead).
- Manage a portfolio of 2.5M live trades
- Monthly settlement of 600,000 payments (100% increase vs. 300,000 in 2010)
- 70,000 Dodd Frank MTM and client valuation statements issued on a daily basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bournemouth: Over 4,000 employees work at the Bournemouth Corporate Center. We take immense pride in our work and in helping our community. We're proud to leverage the local workforce and engage closely with local schools and charities. Our campus is set in 13 acres of grounds and includes on-site Tennis Courts and easy access to local sports facilities. We have good transport links including our commuter bus service. The site is currently benefitting from massive investment, redeveloping the office space into a High Performance Workspace and adding exciting new offerings to our communal spaces. We have 2 restaurants on site offering a wide range of healthy options. The staff are able to join in a wide range of groups from yoga to language classes, to groups supporting the diverse range of cultures represented here.
DCO BAR Team: We own the MIS and regulatory reporting function for Global Derivative Operations & Futures/Options and Private Banking. As a centralized operations group, we cater to stakeholders across Back office and middle office to provide Operational risk metrics, performance and efficiency metrics, regulatory compliance reports and analytics. This is an exciting space for those who would love to work with data having an operations and business perceptive. It is a fast pace team constantly evolving its process to align with changes in reporting due to industry / regulatory changes, technology changes, internal management needs, and focus areas. The role provides opportunity to work with senior management across operation groups globally, project managers and our technology partners.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Gather, understand and document business requirements (BRDs, Functional Specifications, etc.)
- Work closely with the technology team to explain the requirements; test the solution developed by them and also perform UAT in close coordination with Operations Leads
- Interact with other Tech teams for inputs and enhancements to their systems
- Managing the project end-to-end; ensuring quality output within prescribed timelines
- Communication of progress to senior management & timely escalation of issues
- Liaise with technology and operations globally to understand potential re-use
- Connect closely with end users, Understand implicit needs
- Decom their Macros & UTs
- Socialize information contained in our various reports and packs
- Help teams self-serve; increase usage of UX channels like Chatbot, Qlikview, Arena UI
- Work closely with wider Change team to drive Data Strategy
- Adherence to key control/regulatory/audit standards
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate or Post-Graduate (preferred) with previous experience in operations and MIS reporting
- Familiarity with a global bank's process & operational environment including management and external reporting is a must. Strong business knowledge i.e. Investment Banking, including product, process and system knowledge. Sound knowledge of the trade lifecycle
- Ability to think and act strategically. Deal with day-to-day issues as well as planning and executing projects / initiatives
- Ensuring the team's activities support Operations in attaining its strategic goals
- Excellent attention to detail, and an ability to know when a deep-dive approach is appropriate . Ability to drive results through a "hands-on" approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and adept at communicating with all levels of the business and technical parts of the organization
- Skilled in MS office applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access and Project
- Can operate effectively in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, and can prioritize one's own work to achieve them
- Flexibility to work global hours and willing to travel globally, if needed
- Ability to understand/ work on MS Access Database and SQL would be preferred
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Would suit someone looking for a flexible working opportunity