- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We have a fantastic opportunity for experienced groundworkers or civils team leaders and 2nd men including pre-established gangs to join our growing team within the telecoms industry, working across a number of exciting projects throughout the UK.
The ideal candidate will have the relevant experience within the mobile telecoms sector and also hold the required training certificates. A proportion of the works will involve working away as we have ongoing projects spanning the UK, therefore you must be willing to travel. However majority of the works will be based across London and the South East.
As well as a very competitive salary we provide the full package including company van, fuel card, accommodation, overnight subsistence and all the small plant & tools required to execute the works.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide new installation of pad foundations, pole roots, ducting, cabinet bases, earth chambers and associated Lightening protection. Including all reinstatement works.
- Experience in constructing new Greenfield sites from excavation, base installation, reinforcement, fencing, compound works and access track through to full site completion.
- Be competent in the use of and hold the relevant training certificates for machinery and plant such as; Excavator, Dumper and Roller.
- Be competent in the use of Stihl Saws / Wacker plates / trench compactor / jack hammer etc.
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities.
- To be responsible for the company assets and plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures including H&S, record keeping and quality assurance.
- Experience in a similar civil engineering environment within the telecommunications industry.
- Experience within telecoms civil engineering (Streetworks/ Greenfields/ Rooftops)
- Will hold the NRSWA, CSCS and CPCS accreditations – Although advanced training can be provided
- Willing to work away for a set period of time if required depending on site location
- Ability to take direction from Foreman / supervisor / management and execute works in an efficient manner
- Have an excellent worth ethic and high regard for attention to detail
- Flexibility to undertake works outside core working hours if required
- Prepared to go the extra mile and is customer focused to get the job done
- Full UK Driving License
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship, Contract, Commission, Permanent