- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Bruce Stevenson is one of the largest independent Insurance Brokers in Scotland. Established in 1981, the company provides first-class, comprehensive insurance broking and risk management services for both business and private clients.
As well as providing Corporate & Commercial insurance and Risk Management services, Bruce Stevenson has established specialist units devoted to areas such as Renewable Energy, Property Owners, Social Housing, Heritage Property and Private Clients. We currently have four offices throughout the UK, in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Galashiels and Turriff employing over 100 specialist colleagues.
We are currently seeking to recruit a full time Claims Handler to join our Claims Department which is primarily based in Edinburgh. The role is ideally suited to someone with experience in general insurance claims handling, preferably property claims however all other classes of business will be considered. The candidate must be able to work well under pressure and have excellent customer service skills.
Key tasks include;
- Collating key information in relation to claims and in a suitable format for insurers
- Providing support and advice to our clients during the life cycle of their claim
- Validating information provided in accordance with policy terms and conditions
- Accurate reserve and settlement calculations in line with policy terms and conditions, in addition to own handling authority
- Managing internal and external enquiries
- Attending client and insurer meetings as required
- Collation and submission of MI to insurers and clients
- Pro-active management of workload
In return, Bruce Stevenson offer a competitive salary and training programme. As Chartered Insurance Brokers we are committed to training and development, ensuring we are the “Broker of Choice” for both clients and colleagues.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email your CV, with covering letter to the address below.