- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Gi Group are currently looking for a Class 1 C+E Livestock Delivery Driver for a Permanent role based in York YO62
The successful candidate would be responsible for ensuring timely accurate delivery nationwide.The work is generally Monday-Friday with occasional work on a Saturday.
There are opportunities for Trampers and Day Workers.
Key duties and responsibilities of a Cat C+E Driver:
*Ensure that daily vehicle checks are carried out
*Oversee and check the safe loading of vehicle
*Ensure goods are delivered in a timely manner and to the correct location
*Accurate completion of associated paperwork
*All tachograph laws and regulations are adhered to
*Responsible for preparing the trailer appropriately for the transport of animals, e.g. bedding and completing CD procedure, operating fans and decks, opening and closing of vents etc.
▪ Responsible for the safe loading and unloading of pigs onto and off a trailer
▪ Responsible for the welfare of the pigs during transport
▪ Responsible for assessing fitness to travel of pigs and identifying any animals who are not fit for transport
▪ Responsible for dealing with casualty pigs in the correct manner
▪ Where relevant, responsible for the clear slap marking of pigs in the correct and safe manner
▪ Responsible for carrying and completing the relevant movement documentation in full
▪ Responsible for adhering to stocking densities relevant to the trailer in use
The right candidates will have the following skill:
▪ LGV Class CE (Class 1)
▪ Driver CPC trained
▪ NPTC Level 2 Award in The Transport of Animals by Road (Preferred not Essential)
▪ Animal Handling Skills (Preferred not Essential)
▪ Safe economical driving for efficient fuel consumption and driver behaviour i.e. harsh braking applications, idling, coasting, speeding etc.
▪ Good time management
▪ Efficient route planning
▪ Good interpersonal skills
▪ Pleasant and courteous manner to maintain the Company's reputation at all times
▪ Hold digital tachograph card
▪ Appreciation of on-farm environments
Job Types:Full Time Permanent
Salary: Starting at £34k Per Year Depending on Experience
To apply for the role please send your CV o or Call Tom on (phone number removed)
Drivers logistics professionals wanted for temporary permanent vacancies text "DRIVER" to 88802
Role: Class 1 C+E Livestock Delivery Driver York Perm £34-£39k
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North Yorkshire,
Apply for this job now.