- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job title: LGV Class 2 Driver (Ambient/Frozen Food/Waste Oil)
Based at: Coatbridge
Responsible to: Transport Manager/Operations Manager
Henry Colbeck Ltd has been supplying the food service industry (Fish & Chips and Fast Foods) for over a hundred years, through our two depots in Newcastle and Glasgow.
We are recruiting for the position of LGV (class 2) Multi-drop Delivery/Collection Drivers for our Coatbridge Depot. Reporting to the Transport Manager, your main function will be to visit our customers, deliver their Fresh/Ambient goods or collect their used cooking oil and complete all relevant paper work. The role is physically demanding as you’ll be unloading your own vehicle.
The operation covers approximately 1,500 frozen and ambient products and a similar number of delivery points in Scotland. We also collect used cooking oil from our customers across Scotland.
Hours: Minimum 45 hours Monday to Friday – Normal start times are between 06:00 and 07:00 including overnights
- Overnight Journey attract an additional overnight allowance
- Holiday Entitlement: 20 days plus 8 statutory holidays
- Pension: Yes, contributory Group Personal Pension Plan
- Access to company share scheme
- DCPC updates
- LGV Class 2 licence
- Maximum 6 points on licence
- Full DCPC qualification card and digital tachograph card.
- Knowledge and experience of a FMCG environment with multi drop deliveries and multi temperature transport operations
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism
- Following all company H&S procedures and Quality policies ISO 9001:2008
- Good geographical knowledge of Scotland
- Hardworking and Physically fit
- Good communication skills and a flexible can do attitude to work. Whilst the position is based Monday to Friday some weekend work is required from time to time as is flexibility in working hours.
- customer service
- iso 9001
- own vehicle