- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
CMBS, RISK (Vice President) - 90230007
Posting Range:5 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: CMBS, RISK (Vice President)
The role, based in London, is a Vice President position on the CMBS credit sanction team covering UK and EMEA. The successful candidate will report to the Director and team lead for CMBS credit sanctioning in London, who in turn reports to the Global Head of CMBS based in New York. The role comprises initial transaction analysis, review and sanction, in addition to post sanction monitoring, annual review and excess/exceptions management. The candidate will be required to hold and exercise credit approval authority. The successful candidate will be in regular communication not only with line management and immediate peers in other areas of Risk (e.g., Counterparty Risk, Market Risk, Country Risk and Portfolio Risk), but also with stakeholders in the Front Office and other Functions.
What will you be doing?
• Effective risk management (evaluation of risk/exposure management) of credits within the CMBS asset class asset and related financing activity, including conduit, large loan, and CRE CLO warehouse financing.
• Prudent and appropriate use of delegated discretion to approve the granting of credit approval in accordance with Bank policy.
• Ensuring continued growth of the business without incurring unmanageable risks.
• Engage in assessing and making recommendations of proposals received from business development/product areas.
• Stay current with financial analysis and risk profile of the assigned sector, borrowers, and counterparties.
• Alerting senior management to negative developments and trends within the assigned sectors and clients.
• Maintain data integrity of appropriate Credit Risk systems (e.g. GCIS) and ensure they reflect the approved sanction.
• Continuous development of industry knowledge through research, contacts, and participation in seminars.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance/Economics or Real Estate related discipline.
• Experience in credit risk or relevant experience, preferably gained at a major institution or rating agency, covering both Investment Grade and Leveraged and/or Sub-Investment Grade clients in the Real Estate sector.
• Experience across core Commercial Real Estate sub-classes (e.g. office, retail, multifamily, lodging and industrial) including knowledge of fundamental bottom up Commercial Real Estate underwriting, valuation metrics, including assessment and sizing of relevant reserves, review of lease profiles, renewal risks, cap rates, market trends, and leading / lagging credit indicators.
• Strong background in CMBS and/or Middle Market Commercial Real Estate underwriting experience.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Formal Credit training from a major institution preferred.
• Knowledge of key rating agency approaches and criteria.
• Understanding of corporate finance and banking products, related markets, documentation and precedents.
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
Where will you be working?
This role is based from 1 Churchill Place, the Global Headquarters for Barclays. The offices are based in Canary Wharf close by to excellent transport links and local ameneties.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.