- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED KINGDOM - UK
Add to Saved Jobs
Commercial Controller - Contract Management
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Commercial Controller - Contract Management
Location: Home based (with significant travel as required)
Division; Central Finance
Grade/Salary: RCS I / £60,000 - £70,000 depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 4th May 2019
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you’re looking for change, and you’re ready to make changes … we’re looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you’d like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we’ll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include:
• Work to support the development and effectiveness of clear commercial frameworks within which they can negotiate working closely with legal to ensure clear rules of engagement.
• Be involved in driving process optimisation and efficiency through optimising ways of working, stakeholder engagement, continuous improvement and leverage of innovation.
• Support larger bids from a negotiation perspective if necessary but will predominantly be focused on mid-size nonstandard contracts.
• Manage contracts from preferred bidder through to contract closure and handover to operations team; freeing up Commercial, Sales (all sales channels), Finance and Legal time.
You won’t find another job like the one you’ll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here’s what we need from you:
• Good knowledge of regional & global business; often working in a matrix environment.
• Previous Relevant professional experience including customer and contract negotiation experience in other international corporations.
• Awareness of DHL structure outside of DSC and UK&I region.
• Good understanding of core products and cost drivers.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://youtu.be/G-nOa8Ddbbg
Facts and Figures
Division V7, SUPPLY CHAIN
Business Unit DHL Supply Chain UK
Location United Kingdom - UK
Job Type Finance & Controlling
Career Level Professionals
Reports to Commercial Director
Target Hire Date 8/4/2019
Employment Type Permanent Full-Time
Shift Requirement Day time only
Travel Required Below 75%
Travel Extent Within region
Work Permit Required Yes
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.