- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £55,000.00 - £65,000.00 gross per year
- Leading TV & Film Group
- 3 days a week or equivalent hours
- £55-65,000 (pro rata'd down to 3 days) + extensive benefits
Fantastic opportunity to work in the Commercial area of this leading television company. Working closely with the Commercial and Business Affairs Director, the Head of Brand Partnerships UK, the Head of Digital and their teams across all ancillary and licensing activity; gaining a detailed understanding of all third party and royalty reporting for the UK business.
This is a part-time role working 3 days a week or the equivalent amount of hours across 4 or 5 days
• Provide financial analysis and support to commercial sales executives, providing quarterly sales information, analysis and financial modelling when required.
• To prepare forecasts and budgets for all commercial and ancillary activities
• To prepare and ensure the accuracy and completeness of the monthly management accounts for the Commercial Team
• To review the monthly ancillary numbers and provide commentary on the overall monthly ancillary movements affecting the Commercial P&L
• Review the accuracy of all UK licensing contacts on DPS and process any amendments to the contacts, thereby ensuring all UK Licensing royalties and sales are captured correctly on the system.
• Ensure all UK Commercial royalties and sales have been costed correctly by the Royalties team and all recoupable costs have been recouped from Revenues.
• Ensuring the review of ad hoc licensing royalty and operator statements to ensure that the information provided is complete and accurate in line with expectation and that there is sufficient detail to support the numbers.
• To liaise with the label accountants, reviewing monthly performance, preparing analysis and providing support.
• To review the developer and platform statements for the UK gambling business on a quarterly basis as prepared by the Royalties team.
• Take responsibility for and seek to improve the systems and processes
• To understand and assist the Financial Controller to ensure all internal ancillary reporting is reviewed specifically as this relates to the Commercial P&L - to ensure compliance with the internal terms of trade
• To understand and assist the Financial Controller when required to ensure all third party beneficiary reporting is submitted in accordance with contractual obligations.
• To assist in the inter-company process at quarter and year end.
• Ad-hoc work as directed by the Financial Controller, Commercial and Business Affairs Director
Qualifications & Experience
• Fully qualified accountant with minimum 2 years PQE
• Knowledge of Intellectual Property and previous royalties and licensing accounting experience would be beneficial
• Organised self-starter who can operate on own initiative and is flexible
• Proven track-record of financial reporting and analysis
• Significant experience in developing reports and presentations
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills; able to establish credibility with diverse stake-holders
• Commercially minded; able to identify the level of detail required depending on the audience
• Experience with SAP and Royalties Management System would be an advantage