- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Commercial Manager - Contract Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Procurement Manager
Basingstoke - £50,000 - £55,000 + benefits (including possible opportunities for flexible working arrangements)
My client, a well-known Systems Integrator, are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to join their team in Basingstoke. As a Commercial Manager you will monitor and ensure the successful delivery of business in accordance with the contractual terms.
You will be expected to build strong working relationships with their Account Team and external customer/partner representatives and be responsible for:
- maintaining the contractual integrity and legal compliance of the contracts and associated agreements;
- managing the contracting parties' compliance with their contractual obligations;
- preparing and negotiating bids for new work;
- issuing changes and variations to contract;
- identifying and managing all aspects of risk;
- advising on and managing claims; and
- generating innovative commercial solutions that will enhance the delivery and contract management process.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- You will currently hold SC Clearance or will be eligible for clearance
- You should have a proven track record of contract management with a strong relationship background and able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Degree qualified in business or similar academic qualification
- Strong commercial and business awareness together with detailed experience in complex contract management including diligent document control, reporting, drafting and preparation of claims and/or variations
- Demonstrable ability to successfully conduct commercial contractual negotiations with customers and partners
- Proven ability to understand and manage commercial risk and develop risk mitigation strategies, helping the business devise sensible steps to address through effective contract and delivery management
- Strong commercial acumen with extensive understanding of contract law and service/outsourcing contracts
- Strong attention to detail and personal planning and organisation with the ability to prioritise conflicting demands and challenges based on business impact and risk.
- You'll be a team player but you will be also expected to be self-sufficient, proactive and well organised in your approach with the drive to succeed and maximise the value of the commercial function to the business. You must be comfortable with working in a fast-paced, dynamic customer-facing environment.
If you feel you have the pre-requisite skills for this position, please click 'apply' in the first instance and one of the Experis team will be in touch.