- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £55,000.00 - £60,000.00 gross per year
About the role
We are currently recruiting for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Commercial Manager to provide support to complex strategic projects in the Naval Marine Commercial Team within the Marine Sector of Babcock International Group.
The role is based in Plymouth with a requirement for travel in support of delivery.
Day to day tasks are as follows;
- Act as a focal point of customer contact with regard to Prime Contract commercial issues.
- Conduct Prime Contract terms and conditions review and negotiation process with regard to acceptability and compliance
- Tendering, negotiation and through life management of Prime Contracts.
- Provide commercial input to development of Business Unit Strategy and translate into Commercial Strategy and plans.
- Provide support to the Supply Chain function for tendering and contract negotiations.
- Negotiate major Contracts and resolve major claims both for and against the Company.
- Provide support to labour estimating and planning, proposals management, risk management and pipeline management
What do I need to do the role?
You will need to have extensive practical and managerial experience in all aspects of the contract lifecycle, idealy with excellent knowledge/understanding of Ministry of Defence procurement process and Terms & Conditions. You will also be a self-starter and willing to challenge the status quo.
You will be degree qualified or equivalent experience in a commercial / legal or related role
Key Behaviours and Competencies
- A self-motivator with excellent analytical skills, good leadership and good organisational skills
- Has the confidence to make decisions and recommendations based on the information they have or in consultation with others
- Has the confidence to provide commercial direction to others to shape strategy
- Effectively manages conflicting priorities within own role, adapting to changes in workload or business priorities
- Consistently demonstrates compliance with company processes and practices and supports others to do so
- An understanding an experience of full bid phase
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and organisational skills
- Improves the way they and the team work and/ or behaviours including proposing improvements to departmental policy, procedures and systems/processes
- To have an understanding of Trade Controls compliance (desirable)
- Interact and communicate effectively with all other functions, e.g. Estimating, Project teams, Finance, Quality, Supply Chain, Technical
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It’s why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy’s new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
- ms project