- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £60,000.00 - £80,000.00 gross per year
- Hazel Grove
We are currently seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to join a well-established, family-run SME, based in Hazel Grove.
As a Commercial Manager you will expertly manage, control and deliver all live projects to an exceptional standard within the commercial department.
Oversee the Procurement function to ensure all projects are being managed correctly.
Key responsibilities and duties of this role...
* Control all live projects at a commercial level
* Oversee and ensure all milestone payments/payment terms are agreed for each project prior to going ahead with the order.
* Ensure that all inclusions/exclusions are agreed and signed up to prior to going ahead with the order
* Ensure all contracts are in place, signed and agreed.
This will include reviewing the order, commenting as necessary and working with the client to get the amendments agreed.
Then recorded on the register
* Ensure all warranties are in place, signed and agreed.
This will include reviewing the warranty, commenting as necessary and working with the client to get the amendments agreed.
Then recorded on the register
* Completely monthly reviews on all projects to ensure they are running to budget.
* Create monthly reports on where each project is tracking and where it is expected to be at the end.
* Ensure monthly applications are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
* Follow through with the QS's on sites to ensure we get our applications certified and agreed on time.
* Follow through on ensuring we get paid on time and where required chase up payments.
* Action variations as they arise and ensure they are priced to the same margins as the main project.
* Obtain instructions for variations.
* Complete the WIP (Work in Progress) sheet on a monthly basis
* Ensure the application register is up to date each month with what has/hasn't been paid so the accounts can be completed accurately.
* Ensure monthly revenue to be minimum 25% above breakeven.
* Work with projects teams to ensure we are maximising our opportunities
* Any activity that involves the commercial aspect of a project, you are to take control and ensure it doesn't have any detrimental effect to the project.
* Assisting the estimating team in ensuring that we are covered on the inclusions/exclusions.
* Assisting the Sales team on commercial items when negotiating a project over the line.
* Keeping the company aware of changes which could affect the department and contract changes.
* Risk Management of all projects above 500K from a commercial aspect.
* Keep the projects teams aware of what they need to do to work within the contractual obligations.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and qualifications...
* 'A' level qualification in Quantity Surveying
* At least 5 years' experience in the same field
* Strong educational background
* Working on multiple projects at once.
* Knowing when cost vs programme is to be used.
* Strong Negotiator
- Ability to secure variations without upsetting the customer.
* Strong Contractual understanding of JCT/NEC/Bespoke forms of contract
* Ability to have terms agreed in line with Maple requirements whilst ensuring the customer is happy to alter the contract
Salary between £60,000
- £80,000 pr annum DOE
Company Bonus scheme
- 17:00 (early 15:00 finish on Fridays)
Company Vehicle/Car allowance
Free on-site parking
Free lunch provided once per week
25 days holiday + 8 days BH
- trades and professions