- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Competitive salary and package
Harlow or Kettering based
Reporting into the UK Sales Director, as Commercial Manager you will be working for a leading supplier of fresh produce into the UK retail market.
Since the company's incorporation, the business has now grown, turning over in excess of £75million within the UK.
Following a recent internal restructure, there is now a requirement for a Commercial Manager to join their already highly performing sales division, based at either their Harlow or Kettering site.
The key purpose of this role is to manage the agreed portfolio of retail accounts.
In addition to this you will be expected to proceed on all new and existing commercial opportunities to maximise the potential for sales growth and achievement of increased volumes and margin.
- Managing several retail accounts, taking responsibility for weekly price calculations, weekly price negotiations, agreeing promotional calendars, achieving pre-set customer margin requirements, and managing the daily and weekly administration for these accounts.
- Ensuring all activity is within budget and accurate forecasting is maintained throughout the year.
- Supporting the development and delivery of procurement plans in line with customer, company and group plans.
- Developing a progressive approach with the customer that is in line with our client's company strategy.
- Taking accountability for the management and development of existing customer relationships to ensure my client are strategically aligned to their key partners.
- Developing new business that is aligned to our client's key strategies and values
The role requires at least 2 years' experience working as an Account Manager or Executive.
It is preferable you have worked with categories such as melons, citrus or salads.
All those who have worked with fresh produce or prepared salads either now or historically will be considered.
You must have had full P&L responsibility for a national retail account in order to be considered for this position.
This could be working across top 4, 2nd tier, discount or convenience retail.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the experience and background described, or contact Clear Edge for further information.