- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Commercial & Vendor Lead - 90216352
Posting Range:14 Jan 2019 - Ongoing
You will lead all operational elements of vendor commercial delivery on behalf of colleague support services. Own and maintain the portfolio of contractual change across Colleague Support and will also work with the broader internal and external teams to ensure the effective delivery of requirements.
What will you be doing?
• Operational Management – take full responsibility for the contractual management of vendor contracts
• Commercial – Lead all aspects of contract and commercial activities
• Innovation – a key requirement for this role is to ensure that contracts reflect current industry best practice and future direction
• Leads operational activities in vendor contractual performance alleviating issues.
• Leads all cost management.
• Identifies commercial opportunities and puts plans in place to deliver these in conjunction with broader BCS team and vendors
• Control: owns risk and control for Colleague Support Services
• Improves vendor performance whilst ensuring it is a ‘human’ colleague centric experience
• Ensures that contractual KPIs and metrics and correctly captured and tracked
What we’re looking for:
• Clear articulation of IT structure and functions and the services and product set and how contract management can be applied
• Deep understanding of the internal and external environment related to how vendor management can be deployed
• In depth experience of service and supplier management processes and methods.
• ITIL- Service performance, Vendor performance management/Contract management and Budget Management
Skills that will help you in the role
• Performs work which requires the application of a significant range of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable variety of contexts.
• Demonstrates effective communication, both orally and in writing, with subordinates, colleagues, clients and customers at all levels, both formally and informally – an influential communicator
• Proven experience in leading on customer service within an enterprise environment.
• Resource Management
Where will you be working?
You’ll be working at our flagship Technology Campus at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. Set in the beautiful grounds of Radbroke Hall itself, out Technology Center is the home for Banking innovation. We employ a unique friendly culture, relaxed work environment and a suite of onsite benefits.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.